Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Shuhak
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you plan to vote? Why?

Do you plan to vote? Why?

Posted - July 29, 2016

Responses

Yes, because I truly believe in its importance. The only time one person's vote doesn't count is when fewer people vote. The more who vote, the more accurate measure of the desire of the populace.

(Yes, I'm aware that the popular vote takes a second seat to the electoral vote.)
    ~
      July 29, 2016 7:36 AM MDT

Of course. It is my duty as a citizen to do so. Even if I vote Libertarian I am making a statement. Plus we have a few levies on the ballot.

July 29, 2016 7:46 AM MDT

None of  your business!!

July 29, 2016 1:08 PM MDT

Yes, I always vote.
      July 29, 2016 1:14 PM MDT

Yes, Rosie, I will just in case it matters still. I am not taking ANY chances. 

I know you will, I don't even have to ask.  And I thank you. 

July 29, 2016 1:15 PM MDT

• Sure do. Neither the moronic Trump nor the Clintons from the Dark Side figure into that though. There are many state and local races that require my attention, as well as our US Senate races.

July 29, 2016 7:05 PM MDT

Me too. Thank you for your reply Marguerite and Happy Saturday! :)

July 30, 2016 2:47 AM MDT

I'm really worried that some folks just will sit it out or even worse vote for ignorance/hate. I fear it will be a nailbiter.  Yes. Of course we will vote. Not even mentioned yet is all the dirty tricks that lie ahead. The disenfranchising of people so they won't vote. You know the usual stuff the Red State Guvs pull by reducing hours/locations and increasing requirements? Anything to stack the deck, load the dice, cheat.  It will not be a pleasant few months. We will get through it somehow.  We always do. I hope/pray it will end well. Thank you for your reply Sharonna! :)

July 30, 2016 2:50 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply PP and Happy Saturday to thee.

July 30, 2016 2:51 AM MDT

I plan to vote for the next elections in France (NOT IN THE US): presidential elections in May 2017.

That president will be the actual leader of my country and I consider those elections the most important ones among the other elections in France.

I don't know whom to vote for yet.

August 2, 2016 2:32 PM MDT

Yes voted today in fact (8/2) we had primaries and a  tax issue.  

August 2, 2016 2:59 PM MDT

You have time to do some investigating and researching then anton. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :) Merci mille fois! :)

August 5, 2016 4:15 AM MDT

Did the results please/displease you? I have heard that most if not all of the Tea Party pols up for re-election lost so I don't know if you're a  Tea Party gal. Thank you for your reply m2c. Is being pro-Trump automatically Tea Party m2c?

August 5, 2016 4:16 AM MDT

• I fail  to understand why those who don't vote complain about who is running the country, if it means that much to them one would think they would make an effort to vote? 

August 5, 2016 4:31 AM MDT

For the first time ever, no.  Voting for either candidate would go against my conscience. I think each of them will seriously hurt the US.

August 5, 2016 4:44 AM MDT

No. It takes too much effort. In our house the minute we get the primary information I start researching the histories of all the candidates for every office on the internet. I do that repeatedly for every primary and every general election. It takes hours and hours  and effort and energy and it is what I have to do so we can know exactly for whom we are voting. It isn't just for prez. There are local pols running and most of t hem I have never heard of. We vote knowledgeably not randomly or erratically. Some people don't give a rat's a**. We aren't them. Thank you for your reply austrans! :)

August 5, 2016 11:26 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply BSurf. We have NEVER NOT VOTED. I am first-generation American and it would be an insult to my parents if were to abstain. So I will never do that. I honor them and my country no matter what.  :)

August 5, 2016 11:27 AM MDT