Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Music » Does an unexpected Dido song make your day better?

Does an unexpected Dido song make your day better?

It did for me.

:)

Posted - August 3, 2016

Responses

• No oiffense my friend but you should rename tyour post to, " 

Does the unexpected Dido song make your day better?

LOL

It's the only song she does that I know or ever heard. It has an excellent "hook" and I do enjoy it.

I love "Stan" and her collaboration with Eminem... It's a masterpiece! :) 

August 3, 2016 9:36 PM MDT

Oh, my.

I really liked this but it is disturbing to say the least.

I'm not terribly familiar with Eminem -- I know what he looks like and I've heard many of his bigger hits but I couldn't tell if Eminem portrays both guys here in the video -- I'm trying to think, is Eminem's name "Stan?" Anyway, I really liked this video --  why have I never heard of this song or seen this video? --  it's head and shoulders above most of what I've seen on TV or heard on the radio. The music video has an 'art film' quality, the depth of subject matter, the intelligent way it's all handled - - it's all superlative to me.

Great stuff here, GoatJumper! Thanks for sharing!

Oh, I may not have understood your comment correctly -- correct me if I'm wrong - - I'm assuming you suggested the change of "an unexpected" to "the unexpected" because "Thank You" is Dido's huge hit and it is "the" "only" song from her? Ha!

I do have a couple of her albums/CD's and enjoy mostly any song from her. Though, yes, "Thank You" is the HUGE song.

August 7, 2016 3:18 PM MDT

Oh!! And I loved the Dido song fused with Eminem, yes!

(And I'm sorry for my delay in responding to your answer.)

August 7, 2016 3:19 PM MDT

Welby, I adore her.  She is so soft you would think she would not even be noticed. But she has a beautiful voice that lifts your heart.  Exactly.

It was really smart of Eminem to do a duet with her before anyone even knew her name.  I'll try and find it.  It is really beautiful BECAUSE he had the instinct to include her. 

oh there it IS

SOMEBODY THOUGHT TO POST IT ALREADY.  HOOORAY.   YES THAT ONE.  It is gorgeous.  In a very dark manner.  I know you will love it because it is very unique.  At least back then it was.  Your bold friend,

Sharonna

August 7, 2016 3:33 PM MDT

Goat, she has gorgeous songs and Eminem made her name a household word.  Thank you Emin, for that one.

This is indeed a great video, song, etc.

It was a total snapshot of that lifestyle.

ehhhh

shudders

But Welby and I are no strangers to appreciating the dark side of people's natures.  And the beauty of expressing it in a poetic and artful manner.  

August 7, 2016 3:38 PM MDT

I love both of Sharonna's comments here, GoatJumper.

This was the first I heard of this Eminem song. I admit to hearing it only once just now but I loved it immediately.

August 7, 2016 3:45 PM MDT

I really adore her, too.

"She is so soft you would think she would not even be noticed. But she has a voice that lifts your heart. Exactly."

I agree! Exactly! She has more than once -- and continues to --  lift my heart.

August 7, 2016 3:47 PM MDT