Discussion » Questions » Music » Of artists/groups with a degree of longevity (not one-hit wonders), whose first song that you heard remains her/his/their best song in your opinion?

Of artists/groups with a degree of longevity (not one-hit wonders), whose first song that you heard remains her/his/their best song in your opinion?

Two of mine ~

" A Team"  Ed Sheeran ( I didn't realize the music video was so strong)

and 

"Piano Man"  Billy Joel  (though I do really like "Allentown," too)

Posted - June 26, 2016

Responses

Excellent choices. However, you may be biased with "Margaritaville."

June 27, 2016 12:42 PM MDT

I never tire of listening to that song, BahamaSurfdog! 

:)

Thanks for answering!

June 28, 2016 6:38 PM MDT

Hi Marguerite! I'm glad you liked my choices.

That "A Team" song - - every time I hear a new Sheeran song i still think of this one.

No worries about the details of my question -- I was sort of unclear in my wording. I meant "Is the first song you heard by a singer still his or her best song to you?"

I love best that Reaper song, of your answers!

Thanks for answering!

June 28, 2016 6:42 PM MDT

Hi ALF!

think I've heard of this group but maybe not specific music from them. This song grew on me as I listened.

Yeah, they're definitely not one-hit wonders!

Thanks for answering with this cool little song!

June 28, 2016 6:50 PM MDT

Which song, thepie? There are two songs on this video. A second one starts at 3:30 mark or so. (And "Thoughts of a Dying Atheist" words appeared on the screen when the second song started.) I like both song but I liked the second song more. The subdued nature of it I liked. The band certainly can master two distinct styles of songs that's for sure!

Thanks for answering, thepie! I've heard of Muse but I'm uncertain if I had heard theri music until now.

:) Thanks!

June 28, 2016 7:02 PM MDT

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize there were two songs. I meant The dying thoughts of an atheist. 

June 29, 2016 2:30 AM MDT

And that's the song I liked better of the two!

June 29, 2016 7:28 PM MDT