Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » As you are falling asleep each night which kinds of things cross your mind? Are they same each night or different? Do they ever keep you awake sometimes? Why?

As you are falling asleep each night which kinds of things cross your mind? Are they same each night or different? Do they ever keep you awake sometimes? Why?

Posted - August 4, 2016

Responses

• I don't think about real life things, because then it puts me into analysis, worry, emotional mode, and keeps me awake as I try to resolve. I have different things to think about that have no basis in reality to help me fall asleep. They are all based on fictional stories I write to help me formulate the next chapter or direction. It might keep me awake when I suddenly realize that my fiction might not be very good if the mere thought of them puts me to sleep.

August 4, 2016 8:33 PM MDT

•   August 4, 2016 9:17 PM MDT

So you are a writer then? Are you  published m'dear? If so under what name? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday Tammy! :)

August 5, 2016 1:57 AM MDT

I try to talk to God. While praying of course. Sometimes I fall asleep while doing so.

August 5, 2016 3:21 AM MDT

When you pray do you just talk or do you ask Him for something? Most people pray for selfish reasons. They want/expect God to do something for then.  I think God must get very weary of hearing from them. Thank you for your reply OW! :)

August 5, 2016 3:26 AM MDT

Sometimes I ask for things like most people does. Some other times I just talk about the state of the world, tell him about my day, or share some random musings that come to mind.

August 5, 2016 3:28 AM MDT

• When I lie in bed the day goes through my mind & if I manage to block that out, I find myself thinking about tomorrow, can take a long time to dowse off. 

August 5, 2016 3:56 AM MDT

I talk to God daily but I don't ever ask Him for any favors. I figure He has His hands full with everyone else doing that. I do ask Him why a lot though. I don't know what I would do if He actually answered me. I use Him like a sounding board. You know. To help organize/clarify my thoughts. Though He has never said a word it always helps. Kinda like magic. :)

August 5, 2016 4:03 AM MDT

I hear ya. That sometimes happen to me too austrans. The harder I try to shut the mind down the more awake I become. Fortunately it doesn't happen EVERY night or I would be a zombie! Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)

August 5, 2016 4:12 AM MDT

• Regrettable I had one of those nights last night, hence a quiet night tonight & thank you for your kind  words, I hope you have a very pleasant day as well  LOL 

August 5, 2016 4:21 AM MDT

You're welcome. I think you are going to have a very good night tonight. I feel it in my bones! Happy Dreams  austrans! :)

August 5, 2016 11:36 AM MDT

• Your bones were correct, having someone to cuddle is always a nice distraction as well lol :-)
      August 5, 2016 8:46 PM MDT

Alright austrans! Thanks for the feedback m'dear. It's nice to be right once in awhile! Happy Saturday to you and your cuddly partner!  :)

August 6, 2016 6:30 AM MDT