Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever had a jealous lover?

Have you ever had a jealous lover?

I have had 2.

Posted - June 27, 2016

Responses

• No .. I wouldn't be interested in someone so insecure.

June 27, 2016 2:38 AM MDT

I corrected it. There's an "options" button that appears at the top of your questions. "Edit Discussion" is one of the choices, should you need to again.

June 27, 2016 2:42 AM MDT

Eh, not in the traditional sense. I have a jealous "sweetheart" that gets frustrated when he sees me talking to other men. He immediately came to mind when I saw your question. This is probably terrible, but I kind of like it... not when he gets mad, but when he gets protective. Oooh. Sometimes I give him little nudges just to get him going. lol I bet if he sees this, he'll be mad, too, but he knows I do it and he knows why as well. I'm so bad. Oh, but that passion. Jealousy is usually ugly, but not in this sense. 

June 27, 2016 2:51 AM MDT

Yes. She knew how jealous she could become.I did a lot to please her and not giving her any reasons to become jealous because of what I did or didn't.
      June 27, 2016 2:53 AM MDT

Yes, once, but it was playful jealousy, not dangerous or scary. Excluding my relatives, she joked around with me concerning every woman with whom I had any contact whatsoever. If I discussed a co-worker, she'd ask me a million questions about the interaction, and at the end of it she'd say stuff like,
    "Oh, that woman wants you, Baby, she wants you really badly," or "I forbid you from ever speaking with her again."
    I would answer, "But she's my supervisor, she wouldn't jeapordize her job like that, she's not interested in me in the slightest, she's married, she's 15 or 20 years older than I am . . . "
    "None of that matters! She wants you, and it's not for anything good or decent, she wants to get freaky with you in the broom closet or the parking garage or her villa outside of town. Stay as far away from her as you can; she's trouble."
    "But I have to talk with her, she's in charge, and besides that, she's the one who signs my paychecks."
    "Did you just hear me say she's trouble? None of those excuses matter. Ignore her fake 'supervisor' role, she's just using it to wield power over you because she wants some. And why do you need a paycheck signed by her anyway? Work for free or quit that job, simple as that. You can always live under a bridge and eat out of garbage cans. Steer clear of her!"
    ~
      June 27, 2016 3:22 AM MDT

Agreed. Love will have us compromise a lot. Jealousy to such extremes won't be healthy however. It's not something I look for to repeat.
      June 27, 2016 3:31 AM MDT

• Only once ... I don't think the price is worth it. .. Don't care how good they are
      June 27, 2016 3:38 AM MDT

• I'm not convinced the good ones are worth it either ... I think jealousy is like cancer ... I'd rather not live my life dictated by someone else's fears

June 27, 2016 5:01 AM MDT

Yes I have, more than one... and it drove me mad. The jealously came with them being very controlling as well.

One of my exes was dangerous.. if he couldn't have me, no one else could... that ended very badly,Im lucky to be alive but I would prefer not to say what happened because its very distressing to read about.

More importantly.. I moved on.. it took me years to get through it.. but I got there. :) 

June 27, 2016 1:21 PM MDT
  • Bez

Yes, it was on the flipside of the single "Can't Happen Here".

It wasn't originally on the vinyl album "Difficult To Cure", but I now have it as a bonus track on the CD of that album.

June 27, 2016 1:24 PM MDT

no, ive never been lucky enough to have one in the first place

June 27, 2016 7:58 PM MDT

The green eyed monster can get awfully ugly. I've been lucky myself. However, my older brother actually got married to one whose imagination went into overtime every time Mike was within half a block of another woman. The ironic thing was that when he went to Vietnam when I was 16, she moved in with my dad and I and within two weeks, she started reciting poems she had written about rock hard cocks and telling me how her nipples really needed sucking. She finally just came right out and asked me to have sex with her. I told her that I could never do that to Mike. A few years later, after they got divorced, I told him what happened. He said that I was a fool for turning her down.  

June 27, 2016 9:20 PM MDT

Better than that. When he got out of the Army, he joined the Gypsies motorcycle gang and eventually became their international sergeant at arms, which meant that he had to carry out expulsions when a member got kicked out. That gave him the reputation as being the toughest SOB in the gang, so women who were girlfriends of members were always throwing themselves at him to make their boyfriends jealous. He got laid a lot, but he also got into fights all the time. Of course time marches on so that at some point, he was no longer the toughest guy in the gang and started getting his ass kicked on a regular basis. He lost his job and they eventually kicked him out. 

June 28, 2016 2:08 AM MDT

• I'm sure we all have a bit of that .. but it's just too much drama for me to have to deal with jealousy.  

June 28, 2016 4:46 AM MDT