Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Education » Name something that you learned that you wish you never knew

Name something that you learned that you wish you never knew

This is my regretful learning:

Clostridium difficile(C. difficile, or C. diff) is one of the most important causes of infectious diarrhea in the U.S. The most common treatement for this is with a Fecal Transplant. A Fecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT) is a procedure in which fecal matter, or stool, is taken from a donor, mixed with a saline or other solution, strained, and placed in a patient through a tube in the nose or through a colonoscopy.

Posted - August 18, 2016

Responses

In the interest of others who share my inate curiosity, I will not name the specific things that prompted my google searches that I sincerely wish I had not done.  

August 18, 2016 11:32 PM MDT

Pretty much everything on rotten.com or celebritymorgue.com :-)

August 19, 2016 1:25 AM MDT

• HA! 

My imagination is running wild

August 19, 2016 8:28 AM MDT

• Yep...I agree with you there.  There's some nasty stuff to be found there

August 19, 2016 8:29 AM MDT

C diff killed my husband.

August 19, 2016 9:54 AM MDT

• I'm so sorry to hear that. 

I never heard C diff until yesterday

August 19, 2016 10:00 AM MDT

It does the imagination good to run wild every now and again.  :)

August 19, 2016 12:01 PM MDT

Goatjumper ~ 

August 20, 2016 9:51 PM MDT
  • D&D

Human and animal sexualities, everything I know about it is not pleasant or agrees with 'a good life'

Cruel nature of life, and in extension, man.

I don't wish I never knew but I wish I was never born into this rotten world and was given a choice as with all others.

August 20, 2016 10:47 PM MDT

Ooh I've heard about this. Though in the story I heard the person with the aforementioned illness put the uh, fecal matter in a blender, strained it, and drank it. :D The donor was the patient's daughter. Touching story really. Questionsble in credibility, but touching.

Normally I'd have a rather moody and angsty answer for this sort of question, but I'm coming up empty. Sorry Goat. u_u
      August 21, 2016 12:03 AM MDT

• OMG

You brought back a really awful memory of when I found out how my parents actually made me. 

Talk about a traumatic mental image.

August 21, 2016 8:50 AM MDT

• That's disgusting.  

Can you imagine if people were told to scrap their Activa and all that useless pro-biotic nonsense and do this instead? LOL

Hell...I might just do it any anytime I see someone with those "healthy" yogurt drinks just for giggles  :)  

August 21, 2016 8:53 AM MDT

If you do, do let me know how it goes over. x3

August 21, 2016 2:42 PM MDT

I thought your question was full of it. (Pun intended)

But learned it is true. And a person can make some money donating.

This donated fecal matter can make a huge difference in the quality of life for people suffering from the infection. And it earns donors $40 per sample, plus a $50 cash bonus for five donations in one week. That's $250 for a week of donations, or a potential $13,000 a year.
      February 15, 2019 10:01 AM MST