Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Do you think anyone can be capable of or deserves a loving, close relationship?

Do you think anyone can be capable of or deserves a loving, close relationship?

Even if they had anxiety, over travel... or over small things (and that is why they thought they shouldn't be with someone, b/c they would want someone confident?) 

Posted - August 29, 2016

Responses

I think it's possible, but less likely if you are in a place of being overwhelmed a lot.  Getting to know someone with a lot of anxiety is a challenge.  

I do think it's very important to do whatever you can to work on your strengths and keep pushing forward.  The more resolve you have within, the more likely you are to attract intimate relationships.

August 29, 2016 12:02 PM MDT

Hi, PeaPod!

I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder  (GAD) diagnosis and persevere like hell (so to speak) to manage it and journey through.

I have no significant other, either. 

I'm not specifically looking for a significant other and I do not allow this GAD to get the better of me --  but it may very well have something to do with no significant other, I guess, who knows?. I do have moments of it overwhelming me. Yet, fortunately, I have a good sense of humor and can laugh at myself about it all.

August 29, 2016 12:09 PM MDT

The following was my comment to PeaPod -- then though it could work for an answer.

I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder  (GAD) diagnosis and persevere like hell (so to speak) to manage it and journey through.

I have no significant other, either. 

I'm not specifically looking for a significant other and I do not allow this GAD to get the better of me --  but it may very well have something to do with no significant other, I guess, who knows?. I do have moments of it overwhelming me. Yet, fortunately, I have a good sense of humor and can laugh at myself about it all.

UPDATE : Oh! Yes, sure -- you, me, whoever -- anxiety in and of itself, to me, does not designate whether I am capable of and/or deserve an intimate relationship.

:)

August 29, 2016 12:10 PM MDT

Good for you.. it can be so hard to manage anxiety.. you should be really proud of yourself.. that must have took a lot of hard work and dedication.

I manage my anxiety well now.. but it took a long time.. and I still have moments where its overwhelming as well.. having a great sense of humour is the most positive way to deal with it... so thumbs up to you :)

The right S/O for you..will understand.. I know I would...and you deserve that...after all the hard work you must have put in. :)

I just saw your update...I totally agree.. spot on :)

August 29, 2016 12:27 PM MDT

Anyone who is capable of loving... certainly is most deserving of a close relationship.

August 29, 2016 12:35 PM MDT

Aww I love that :) I want to love and share it so much, so thank you for uplifting me today.. I often think a guy will ditch me within a week after finiding I have travel anxiety, even I get anxiety going hiking. But I love movies, the ocean, laughing, and am very open/humorous. I think I AM capable of loving, so ty so much for that :)

August 29, 2016 12:44 PM MDT

Thank you so much; I have GAD too, with symptoms of PTSD and I often think, what guy would stay with me after learning of the travel anxiet I have, or even smaller ones too.. however, then I think, I am one of the most open, kind, and loving persons I know , so maybe that might help ... I have literally thought I was 'defective' in a way, b/c of the years and years of bad abuse I went through (that I began to identify with )...I guess I need to learn each day, I'm good, not what the cruel words said I was- and that we both deserve love or a close bond regardless of it ... Huggg... 

August 29, 2016 12:47 PM MDT

August 29, 2016 12:49 PM MDT

I'm so happy that I was able to uplift you today.. :) That's made my day knowing that...so thank you.

No decent man will ditch you for any of those reasons.. If I met a man in the same circumstances as you.. it would not bother me one bit.. there is so much more to a loving relationship than travelling/hiking etc... the right man for you could even help your anxiety.. because you would be so happy and I can tell you will feel so blessed when you meet him... and I'm sure you will.

You have great qualities.. I see that from your posts here.. and you're certainly capable and deserving of a loving relationship.

Good luck to you.. Just remember He's out there and you will find each other :)

August 29, 2016 12:57 PM MDT

• If you have empathy, then you are capable of and deserve love.

Love (in my view) is willingly & consciously caring for the well-being of life.

That applies just as much to sexual and romantic love.

It applies to how we treat the whole planet as well as relationships with individuals.

Doing this every day makes us loving and easily lovable.

One can do it in infinite ways: celebrating life with art, music and fun, small acts of kindness and consideration, listening attentively, being a helpful team member at work or during any other social activities, helping whenever someone is in trouble and cannot easily help themselves, pulling out weeds and sowing beautiful, edible or medicinal plants (literally and metaphorically.)

August 29, 2016 2:56 PM MDT

August 29, 2016 3:36 PM MDT

Aww ty Hart :) I liked , "If you have emapthy, then you are capable and deserve love" ... Your words are always so kind, deep and genuine...  :)

August 29, 2016 7:30 PM MDT

Hi Cherry; you are so kind, and I haven't ever had someone say this to me, that 'there is so much more to a loving relationship than traveling/hiking etc' , It felt like an ease come over me. I sometimes think, would it be bad? And then think, yes, he'd ditch me, he'd want someone adventurous etc :(  But your words were so kind to read, so comforting. I mean that, thank you so much. Have you ever thought of being a therapist or ? :) Ty also for saying I'm certainly capable and deserving - Huggggg.  I wish you a great night, and you should go have an ice cream or anything that makes you feel awesome, b/c you are ....

August 29, 2016 7:36 PM MDT

• YES!! Absolutely everyone!!  :-)

August 29, 2016 9:55 PM MDT

•   August 29, 2016 9:55 PM MDT

•   August 29, 2016 9:56 PM MDT

•   August 29, 2016 9:56 PM MDT

Thanks Jeep :) You say it with such certainty I really needed that ..'huggg.

August 29, 2016 9:57 PM MDT

• :-)

August 29, 2016 9:59 PM MDT

August 30, 2016 7:10 AM MDT

aww thank you.. that truly means a lot to me :)

I used to be a nurse.. but sadly I got too sick and I couldn't nurse anymore.

I have been told I would make a great therapist.. but it wont happen because I'm too sick to work.

I love helping people.. it gives me a purpose. Especially since I had to stop nursing. I was devastated.

I've also been through and still going through a lot of physical and emotional pain.. so I just feel I understand you..which really helps because when someone's been there.. they truly understand.

You are most definitely capable and deserving of a loving relationship and like I said you have great qualities.. and things like travelling/hiking... are not important..

Your personality is what counts and you have a beautiful nature about you.  You're very kind, sweet and compassionate.. I see that in your posts.  The right man for you wont care about the few things you cant do... he will look at what you ''can'' do.. and your personality alone will win him over.

You just need to realise how special you are.. and then you will see you're so deserving of a loving relationship.

(((hugs))) to you too..

If you ever need to talk.. feel free to message me.. I'm always happy to help you.

August 30, 2016 7:30 AM MDT

Thanks, cherryblossom!

Yes, the challenges to manage- - I've gotten better and better. Yet, it's still a challenge but I forge ahead.

Thanks for your kinds words all over these answers/comments/threads for tihs question.

August 30, 2016 8:52 AM MDT

You're welcome, Baybreeze!

Hang in there! (That's not always easy, I know.)

I read all of the answers and comments here and you sound like you're on a good path/awareness of forging onward.

I'm there in spirit  adn in agreement of encouragement that all of the answers and comments have expressed.

August 30, 2016 8:55 AM MDT

August 30, 2016 8:57 AM MDT