Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Family » "I will always protect you and keep you safe". At one time or another probably most parents have said that to their children. But we can't. It's a vow we cannot keep. Isn't it?.

"I will always protect you and keep you safe". At one time or another probably most parents have said that to their children. But we can't. It's a vow we cannot keep. Isn't it?.

Posted - August 31, 2016

Responses

Yes. you can do your best, but sometimes it is not enough.

August 31, 2016 4:48 AM MDT

No. Perfection is not required. Some may fail, but that is the goal and any society based on any other goal can not survive. It is stupid of you not to notice that. I don't mean to be impolite, but there it is.

August 31, 2016 6:35 AM MDT

I know. It is those sometimes that haunt us. Thank you for your reply Oscar! :)

September 16, 2016 5:02 AM MDT

Many adults look back on their childhood as a happy time. They recall a warm feeling of safety, a certainty that their parents would look after them no matter what. Parents want their children to feel that way, but in today’s degenerate world, it is harder than it used to be to keep children safe. But children should have a strong defense in their parents. And, of course, one of the best safeguards in keeping their children safe is close supervision by parents with their children.

September 20, 2016 4:18 PM MDT

Our kids are grown...middle-aged in fact. We are so grateful that we raised them in the "olden days" when life didn't seem so acerbic and sharp-edged and mean-spirited and cruel. Raising children today must be a very difficult to do well. There is so much out there that is negative and harmful. How do you control it and protect your kids from it? You can't. I wish all parents of young children much good luck and my best wishes. How do you explain the popularity of a Donald Trump to them? It is beyond me. Thank you for your thoughtful reply ANP!  :)

September 21, 2016 2:19 AM MDT

You just ruined a perfectly good post, with your unadultrated hatred of Donald Trump.
      October 24, 2016 7:48 PM MDT

• So would you say his behaviour requires no explanation to children?  
      October 24, 2016 9:15 PM MDT

What is there to explain?
      October 24, 2016 9:20 PM MDT

"Woe to the pregnant women and those nursing a baby in those days." (Matthew 24:19)this world is headed for even more heartache. This is the worst time in human history to bring children into the world. As much as a parent wants to protect and shelter a child, it will be next to impossible. 
      October 25, 2016 12:39 AM MDT

"Woe to the pregnant women and those nursing a baby in those days." (Matthew 24:19)this world is headed for even more heartache. This is the worst time in human history to bring children into the world. As much as a parent wants to protect and shelter a child, it will be next to impossible. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at October 25, 2016 12:52 AM MDT
      October 25, 2016 12:39 AM MDT