Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is being drunk as a skunk or high as a kite drugs supposed to excuse bad behavior? Doesn't bad behavior begin/end with getting drunk as skunk/high as a kite in the first place? How do you excuse THAT?

Is being drunk as a skunk or high as a kite drugs supposed to excuse bad behavior? Doesn't bad behavior begin/end with getting drunk as skunk/high as a kite in the first place? How do you excuse THAT?

Posted - September 9, 2016

Responses

Well now, that is a good way to put it, Rosie. O.K. all you bad behavior people -------- listen to her advice. She may dislike Trump, but she has it right on the money here.

September 9, 2016 1:30 PM MDT

Being drunk as a skunk or high as a kite on drugs is an excellent excuse for bad behaviour and indeed bad driving.....if you were sober and drug free and did bad things ,you really wouldn't have any excuses for your actions ..... It all depends on how you view things.....hehe

Happy Friday Rosie.... Hic hic..... :)p
      September 9, 2016 9:50 PM MDT

I don't buy it. I think drunk drivers who kill people are as guilty as if they had planned it.  No sensible person gets behind the wheel when mentally/physically impaired and drives. It is premeditated unless someone holds a gun to your head and threatens to shoot you unless you drink too much or shoot up drugs or whatever drug addicts do  and then forces you to drive. I would treat the drunk driver who kills someone as a murderer. I'm a tough old dame and if I were a judge  drunks and drug addicts would not want to appear before me. Thank you for your reply Nj!  :) I did that once when I was very young. Drove drunk. It was a miracle I made it home in one piece and did not kill anyone.  The next day when I had a huge hangover but was sober I was grateful nothing bad happened. I never did that again. A glass or two of wine with food is one thing if you give it time to digest and wear off before you drive home.  Having multiple drinks and eating very little and then driving immediately thereafter is another thing entirely. I know you're teasing Nj! :)

September 10, 2016 2:07 AM MDT

i dont think it should excuse bad behavior

September 10, 2016 7:38 PM MDT

I was teasing Rosie.....but also the play on how thing are worded as in this case it lends to two different meanings.....
    I'm sorry to say ,but once drunk or of your head on drugs.....all normal reason goes out of the door and you are not in control of your thoughts or actions...

How about if you are temporarily emotionally unstable for what ever reason.... You might be rushing to a hospital because some one close has been involved in a serious accident....driving then can become erratic....

How much alcohol can you have in the US and still drive.....? In England it's not much....France I think is almost zero....
      September 11, 2016 2:57 AM MDT

The legal limit for alcohol in California I believe is .08. As for your question about "temporarily emotionally unstable" and rushing to a hospital I have a personal story to share with you Nj. Years ago I was out one evening and when I came home the phone was ringing. It was about midnight so of course you know a phone call at that time of night can only be bad news. It was my aunt who told me that my mom had broken her hip and been taken to the hospital.  I was unfamiliar with the hospital or the location and my aunt did the best she could to give me directions . I started crying. I know. What good does that do? I got in the car and headed out toward the hospital  but I didn't know where the he** I was  going.   At some point I became aware of a siren and flashing red light and got pulled over by  a cop. He said I was speeding. I was unaware of it. I was also  crying. I told him about my aunt's phone call and that I was on my way to the hospital and I didn't know where it was. He told me to just follow him. He turned on his siren and red flashing light and  sped through the srteets with me on his tail. I think we probably stayed within the speed limit but I can't be sure. He got me to that hospital in record time. Of course I couldn't thank him enough for his kindness . He wished me luck and left. No ticket . Just wished me luck. I shall never forget that. I was totally sober and I don't do drugs but I was a total emotional wreck. I pulled myself together and found my mom. So I understand how one can be  temporarily emotionally unstable. Thank you for your reply Nj! :)

September 11, 2016 3:21 AM MDT

Me either pearl! Thank you for your reply! :)

September 11, 2016 3:23 AM MDT

I've had no personal experiences of my own like that Rosie....but can fully understand how things like that can wreck you for a period of time and allow you to do cranky things out of keeping....
    A family member ( nephew ) was driving home from work one evening maybe 7 years ago or maybe longer and had a head on crash with another guy driving at speed on the wrong side of the road....the guy was distraught and rushing to hospital to his wife ...apparently it turned out that his wife had had twins and one had died....my relation got a damaged shoulder ,and was ok apart from that.... I'm not sure what the police did....
    There is no saying what you're going to be confronted with on and day of the week....one can only hope it's not your tine to depart this world and left in reasonable health after.....
    One only has to fall while out walking and knock your head and that can often be fatal.....there have been cases of people jumping out of airplanes and serviving when their parachutes fail.....it's just not thier time....
      September 11, 2016 10:18 AM MDT

I know. People survive unbelievable things and seem OK. The next day they drop dead. Ya never know what's out there with your name on it.  Thank you for your thoughtful reply Nj! :)                                                                                               

September 15, 2016 5:34 AM MDT

Hi Nj. I just read your very thoughtful reply on another thread about the five senses and a documentary you saw about the horrors  Japan perpetrated. For some reason there was no reply button on  it or even a "message" button. I think I'm going to ask if there is some limit per each thread.  Anyway your reply was very moving and horrific too.  Watching footage of actual real-life horrors is worse than fictionalized carnage for me  but I  understand your point.  I saw  Saving Private Ryan too and thought it was a very good movie. We used to watch "The A Team:" and en joyed it  because the characters were so goofy. I don't recall the story lines being all that violent but maybe that was because I knew it wasn't real so it wasn't that impactful on me. I don't like gratuitous anything ...violence especially.   I still close my eyes if we're watching something is scary and Jim watches and tells me when it  is OK to look. That's pretty pathetic isn't it? Thank you for your reply and the info you  provided on that other thread and Happy Friday! :)                                                                                              

September 16, 2016 2:08 AM MDT

I think the A Team was one of the most horrific children's programs ever Rosie......countless thousand of bombs,bullets ,machine guns .plane and car, tank crashes and no one got hurt and no blood and gore was seen.....
    No wonder why there is so many gun incidents,killings with school kids running amok with actual weapons Rosie.....

I/ we don't watch any violent films Rosie.....one or two maybe....but they have to be factual sort of films and not sust for the imagery.....

Killing any living things is not nice....even mosquitos,rats and flies have a place in the food chain somewhere....

In England we fish the seas......if when they trawl for fish and the nets are pulled in with the wrong species of the fish are juvenile then by law they have to throw then back.....trouble is they are all dead by then......how insane is that and what a wonderful way to deplete fish stocks......
      September 17, 2016 2:43 AM MDT

My memories of that TV show are so different from yours. We looked at it as if it were a cartoon. I don't remember the nature of the storylines or any of the details but Jim and I often say "I love it when a plan comes together". That was what the lead character used to say Mr. T   was unique. Face was handsome. The goofy guy was goofy. None of them seem real. I don't like violence at all so I am perplexed that my  memories of that show are radically different from yours. Thank you for your reply Nj and Happy Saturday to you! :)

September 17, 2016 2:54 AM MDT

I don't accept that as an excuse. My cousins husband got her drunk so she would pass out and then he came on to me.

When I got mad at him for it, he said he was sorry and that he had to much to drink.

He planned the whole thing, and he was not that drunk.

If a person acts like a fool when they are drinking or whatever, then they should stay sober and that is what I would tell them.

September 17, 2016 12:05 PM MDT

What a bum your cousin's husband is. Condolences. Does she know? Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Sunday!  :) I wonder how many others he came on to who didn't get mad?

September 18, 2016 4:16 AM MDT

No, I never told her, but he never bothered me again.

He died some years later and she remarried and moved away.

September 18, 2016 8:26 AM MDT

That was a kindness on your part. On the other hand he was a player and a flirt and  it's bad she didn't know. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom! :)

September 21, 2016 6:04 AM MDT