Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Size-wise are you content with your height/weight/shape? If you could tweak anything what would it be and why?

Size-wise are you content with your height/weight/shape? If you could tweak anything what would it be and why?

Posted - September 10, 2016

Responses

no, i wish i was taller, im only 4ft5

September 10, 2016 6:43 PM MDT

I'm 5'2"plus a bit....about eight stone or fifty kgs....petite and happy as I am Rosie....lol
      September 11, 2016 6:52 PM MDT

For years I was considered to be "tall"! At my tallest I was 5' 6 and 3/4 inches. Almost  5' 7!  I haven't shrunk much at all. I'm 5'6 now and weigh about 123 lbs so at 78 I'm very content with that. I don't have to diet. We're lucky in that we enjoy eating healthy food. I did have a weight problem when I was younger though. I tried every diet  there was at the time. At my heaviest I was 150! Then I discovered the low-carb diet and that carbs were not all alike. Once I read up on that and changed the nature of the carbs I ate I never had a weight problem again. We eat a lot of pasta and the only pasta we eat is Dreamfield's. It has an ingredient called "inuline" that blocks the effect of carbs. You can't tell that it is low-carb. Previous brands I tried we're inedible. This one is a real keeper. We eat only whole grains....mostly.  We both love sourdough bread so we indulge occasionally but there is very little food value in sourdough. The bread we usually eat is Dave's Killer Bread and it has 6 grams of fiber per slice. The English Muffins we eat are Thomas' Lite Multigrain which has 8 grams of fiber per muffin. Other muffins might have 1 or 2 grams. It makes a world of difference. Jim isn't as sensitive to carbs as I am but he  likes to eat healthy too and the muffins are delicious. Sometimes we will use them as hamburger buns! Thank you for your reply Nj! I think petite is sweet! :)

September 12, 2016 2:10 AM MDT

That is very petite  indeed pearl. Dainty. Thank you for your reply! :)

September 12, 2016 2:10 AM MDT

You should try low GI bread Rosie....it's the only bread made from whole flour and use the whole grain rather than just the endosperm ....the tiny heart of the grain that's fast burning when eaten.....
    It's high in carbs I thing ,but very filling.....good for diabetics to.....
      September 12, 2016 3:30 AM MDT

I always read the ingredient labels Nj. I would need to see how much fiber per slice, how much protein, how much salt or sugar too. Several years ago I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic which means I should avoid as much sugar as possible or I could develop diabetes. Thank you for the info. I shall investigate that. I laugh a lot to myself in the bread aisle. Many breads are advertised as "whole wheat". You read the fiber count and you see it has 1 or possibly  2 grams of fiber. I have even seen bread with a less-than-1 count of fiber. That means that the wheat germ has been stripped from the wheat. The bread is often dyed to make it look more wholesome. Too many people don't know what the heck they are eating. They don't take the time to read labels. They just look at the packaging and grab what looks good and then they wonder why they can't lose any weight! Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)

September 12, 2016 3:59 AM MDT

If you read the labels on all breads in our supermarkets....all the so called healthy ones claim to be made from whole meal .....but what they should say is that they are made from whole flour ...not one in England says that....it also seems that they change the labelling weekly to deceive the people that buy bread....
    The law or government does very little to help as they are tecnicly part of every buissnes and it's not in their interest to make less money....it's mostly why laws take decades to change......
      September 12, 2016 5:06 AM MDT

Sad isn't it? If it is called 100% WHOLE GRAIN it will be  high in fiber. Being 100% whole wheat is meaningless. I have seen breads labeled that way with less than 1 gram of fiber which means all the natural fiber has been stripped. They probably dye the flour brown to look healthy. They will use whatever manipulative tricks they can to limit the information provided to us and make the most profit the cheapest way possible. They are not in the business of serving the best interests of the consumer. Thank you for your reply Nj! :)

September 15, 2016 5:23 AM MDT

I could lose an inch or two of my waist. I wouldn't have to buy new trousers.

September 15, 2016 5:42 AM MDT

That doesn't sound like very much Ele. I have seen men who look very pregnant. I guess you'd call them beer bellies. Maybe pregnant with triplets. An inch or two? Pish tish! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)

September 15, 2016 6:41 AM MDT

To whom are you addressing this reply Lucia? In reference to what? Apologies and  Happy Thursday to thee! :)

September 15, 2016 7:08 AM MDT