Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Supply and Demand. That is sacrosanct. Demand drives those who supply it. It no one wants it the market dries up. Why don't those who buy/take illegal drugs stop? Won't that solve the drug problem?

Supply and Demand. That is sacrosanct. Demand drives those who supply it. It no one wants it the market dries up. Why don't those who buy/take illegal drugs stop? Won't that solve the drug problem?

It is the fault of the demanders. If they stop demanding illegal drugs the supply will dry up. It is a simple solution within the control of every demander. Just Stop Buying., I suppose the drug dealers will find another human weakness to exploit but at least it won't be drugs. The war on drugs will be over. We will have won. A simple solution staring us in the face all along and we haven't used it. Why?.

Posted - September 11, 2016

Responses

probably cause they dont want to stop

September 11, 2016 5:56 PM MDT

Hi Rosie..

People cant just stop taking drugs... the body goes into withdrawals and people can die.. also people are addicted so they would need to go onto a strict rehab programme... where they use other drugs to help with the withdrawals and other  problems with coming off drugs.

The same applies with alcohol.

September 12, 2016 12:56 PM MDT

They can die from withdrawal that isn't medicated/monitored? I thought if you locked them into a room and let them withdraw cold turkey it would be painful but they would never get hooked again. I guess I've seen too many movies cherry. Thank you for your reply cherry! :)

September 15, 2016 5:01 AM MDT

People have died stopping drugs cold turkey..its very risky.. they generally use Methadone in the UK to get people off drugs.. it helps with the withdrawals.. and then they are slowly weaned off the Methadone.

And lol.. yes.. always cold turkey in the movies. :)

September 22, 2016 3:57 AM MDT

It's more dramatic that way. Ever see "The Man with the Golden Arm"? The way it depicted  the pain of drug addiction withdrawal would certainly scare people straight and make them so afraid of getting hooked they'd never be tempted. Thank you for your reply cherry! :)

September 22, 2016 5:09 AM MDT