Active Now

Spunky
Randy D
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » When's the last time anyone actually died from kindness?

When's the last time anyone actually died from kindness?

Posted - September 12, 2016

Responses

• Are you kidding me?!? Have you not heard of kill em with kindness? So many people have died from kindness.

September 12, 2016 5:32 PM MDT
  • D&D

I don't think taking your children away from warzone or walking through dessert for them is being kind. It's simply being a parent. Those who don't are just ***** parents who don't deserve to be called them. Remember anyone can make a kid.

This post was edited by my2cents at February 5, 2019 9:32 AM MST
      September 12, 2016 5:33 PM MDT

OK. In my opinion we all need to be more grateful to anyone doing anything nice for us, and not take anyone for granted. And kids need to be grateful for all that their parents do. Being a parent is the hardest job in the world. No one should take any act of kindness no matter how small for granted. 

September 12, 2016 11:00 PM MDT

Some punishments are worse than death, and no good deed ever goes unpunished. Ever.  Acts of kindness are fantastic, though...provided one can run faster than the blowback.

It also helps to know the difference between caring FOR another and caring ABOUT them.

September 13, 2016 12:09 AM MDT

Christian's survival tip #1: do good for others...and then haul ass!!

September 13, 2016 12:12 AM MDT
  • D&D

I disagree mainly because parents created you out of their own sexual desires(lust) and their want for fulfilment and happiness. It's all for themselves and their ego.

September 15, 2016 9:50 AM MDT

Awwwww, what a thoughtful way to tell me that I'm going to live forever! You're so sweet.

:)
      September 12, 2016 7:06 AM MDT

• lol that depends... while kindness is cert. an honorable trait in a person on the flip side being kind to the wrong person can get you killed as not everyone shares the same concepts of humanism nor identifies with it and others will take advantage of it. So technically kindness can sometimes get you killed but not all the time. Generally it's a trait I find worthy of having regardless.

September 12, 2016 2:06 PM MDT

• Not sure... When was the last time a drone strike took out some humanitarian aid workers as collateral damage?

September 12, 2016 2:16 PM MDT

• That's actually pretty dam accurate.

September 12, 2016 4:29 PM MDT

• As difficult as it is to find, you'd think a lot of people did.

September 12, 2016 4:30 PM MDT

Eye would think it's more common than you think.....firemen die doing acts of kindness....risking their lives to save others....also lifeboat crews.....accidents while helping someone cross the road....the list could be endless really....
      September 12, 2016 5:16 PM MDT

God bless all the people trying to be kind in the world. We need more like them. People die every day trying to take their kids from war zones like Syria, or people walking through the desert for their families, or saving animals or people drowning etc. And the missionaries also take their life into their hands going into countries where people sometimes hate them, missionaries die every day. 

But being a constant caretaker is also hard, and can wear on our health. We can die young if we don't take care of ourselves. So it's a balance of being kind and also taking care of ourselves (good nutrition, and sleep.) And we don't always receive a thank you. But what kind of a world do we want? It is better to be kind than not. God promises to bless us when we are loving. Do it unto me, Jesus says. That helps me when I do a thankless job.

September 12, 2016 5:19 PM MDT