Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you had pneumonia before, and know how that feels?

Have you had pneumonia before, and know how that feels?

It's pretty bad. Body feels like a vicious germ had attacked every part of it. So, not fun!

Posted - September 12, 2016

Responses

Yes I do and two times it followed me doing too much air travel with bad air and I coughed like hillary coughed. It was probably the best explanation the hillary conspirators could have come up with, but I do not believe it. Never when I had pneumonia did I collapse with my head bobbling everywhere.

September 12, 2016 8:15 AM MDT

• No, haven't had that one yet. I can't stand coughing. It makes me really frustrated and angry. So I usually go to the doctor quickly if I start coughing and get medicine so it doesn't get worse.

September 12, 2016 8:22 AM MDT

Yes and its horrible. Just having a very high temperature can cause people to get very faint.

September 12, 2016 10:42 AM MDT

She had a very busy schedule so she cant have got much rest..also lack of sleep due to coughing wouldn't have helped.. So add that to pneumonia, high temperature...exhaustion.. dehydration...Low oxygen Saturations... bad air quality and the heat...all while her body was trying to fight a nasty infection...its totally possible it was a faint from all that.

I'm amazed she didn't end up in hospital on I/V antibiotics and fluids.. etc...

September 12, 2016 10:51 AM MDT

Hello M:

I've had pneumococcal pneumonia, but they removed my coccals and now I'm fine..  Does Hillary have coccals?

excon

September 12, 2016 10:51 AM MDT

• Yes...I have had it several times; both viral and bacterial.

It's so obnoxious because I didn't even know I had it until I was really messed up. It happens 

September 12, 2016 10:52 AM MDT

@ITpro, when I had pneumonia, I was so weak, I had to crawl to the bathroom because I couldn't even stand up. The virus weakened my muscles that much. It hurt to even turn my head.
      September 12, 2016 10:59 AM MDT

@cherryblossom, I'm surprised, too. Doctors usually recommend complete bed rest.
      September 12, 2016 11:00 AM MDT

They certainly do and its also essential especially in older people.  No wonder she got so poorly.

I was admitted to hospital this year with acute asthma attacks... caused by bad humidity and high pollen counts/allergies and due to this I developed pneumonia as well.

This year has been the worst for me.. I'm wondering if the weather has been very humid there and if the pollen count has been very high there like in the UK.

September 12, 2016 11:55 AM MDT

I haven't had pneumonia, but I do remember when I was a child, the first time I heard the word "pneumonia" before I saw it written, I imagined it was "new monia". Am I the only one who thought that as a child?

September 12, 2016 11:59 AM MDT

It can be very serious..  I hope you never get it again... there is a vaccination to help prevent against pneumonia... I believe its every 10 years.. but some doctors say 20 years and others say.. you only need one in a life time.

pneumonia kills after all.

I think some people underestimate how bad it can be.

Thanks for your reply :)

September 12, 2016 12:00 PM MDT

I had it while in my 8th months of pregnancy and the dumb doctor kept brushing me off.  He dismissed it as the flu and sent me home to rest.  I recovered somewhat...slowly on my own.  Must have been viral.   I had a chest x-ray when I couldn't stop wheezing though after I had my daughter.  The scarring from it showed up in the lower lobes of both lungs.  THAT is when I was told I had had pneumonia.  

September 12, 2016 1:57 PM MDT

It feels much worse than bronchitis.  You have a dry cough that isn't very productive.  I saw blood in what I could get up.  I remember not being able to breathe well at all and being very weak.

September 12, 2016 1:58 PM MDT

Yes, Excon, she does - cockles, and mussels, alive, alive, O (just). 

September 12, 2016 2:01 PM MDT

I remember thinking that the word as I had heard it could not begin with a P. 

September 12, 2016 2:21 PM MDT

Yes.  I also know that it is contagious whether viral or bacterial.  Best not to spread it around.

September 12, 2016 2:23 PM MDT

The viruses and bacteria are contagious, not pneumonia. Pneumonia is just a condition where the lungs become inflamed, that usually develops from particularly bad infections in individuals. It doesn't even have to come from an infection necessarily; for instance, pneumonia can also result from foreign material being aspirated into the lungs.

September 12, 2016 2:52 PM MDT

Yet it's not the only word that doesn't sound like it would begin with a P. There's also "psychedelic" and "pterodactyl", to name but two. And of course, the digraph "ph" is pronounced like an F (photograph, etc).

September 12, 2016 3:51 PM MDT

That is correct.  The common viruses associated with pneumonia are influenza, rhinovirus and RSV.  The common bacteria association is streptococcus pneumoniae.  In any case, they are all contagious and I don't want to  be afflicted with any of them myself.  Elderly people often die from pneumonia.  Her diagnosis might be walking pneumonia which is a milder version which is caused by mycoplasma pneumoniae.  

This has been fun but my original answer said it all for practical purposes. 

September 12, 2016 4:35 PM MDT