Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Are there ways to make money besides the typical job?

Are there ways to make money besides the typical job?

the reason why im asking is because i cant find work, teenagers can find work easier than i can, Ive been living on no income for almost 5 yrs and i qualify for nothing too. cant get ssi or welfare money, Ive thought of donating plasma cause where i live you can do that and get paid for it, but when i tried to do it one time they couldnt find a vein, when ive tried to donate blood they say my pulse is too fast. Ive thought of research studies or medical trials, but not sure if they pay you or how to get involved with them, im 56 and cant get old age pension for another 4 yrs, im in school now so im getting stuff like grants. but i dont find learning easy so im not sure how long i can keep that up? any suggestions?

Posted - September 16, 2016

Responses

• Why can't you get welfare?

September 16, 2016 9:17 PM MDT

Writing a book on Blurb about your life story.
      September 16, 2016 9:19 PM MDT

• sell crack
      September 16, 2016 9:24 PM MDT

• Most states have employment services that corps register with to connect people with jobs. 

September 16, 2016 9:33 PM MDT

no kids, i can get food stamps and medicaid but cant buy toilet paper or pay rent with it, one reason why im in school

September 16, 2016 9:52 PM MDT

im terrible about writing, got a d in my english class, what is blurb?

September 16, 2016 9:53 PM MDT

cant, i dont want to do anything illegal and end up in jail, like my freedom too much

September 16, 2016 9:53 PM MDT

unfortunately they dont seem interested in connecting me with one, what is corps register?

September 16, 2016 9:54 PM MDT

• Sorry, corporations or companies. They will register job openings with a state agency that publishes, and also helps people get jobs.

September 16, 2016 9:56 PM MDT

Blurb is a self publishing service for writers.
      September 16, 2016 10:29 PM MDT

• bad attitude. Great rewards require great risks.
      September 16, 2016 10:32 PM MDT

• How about being a paid "granny" to a little child whose parents are at work?

How about giving home tuitions to little children?

And please don't do anything silly lie donating plasma. They may not even accept blood at your age.

Please don't be offended, but how have you lived thus far? Say between 16 and 50?

September 24, 2016 7:01 PM MDT

i cant seem to find babysitting jobs either, if youre talking about tutoring ive tried that can never find jobs doing that, didnt know they didnt take plasma if youre older, ive always had a hard time finding work, i was doing resort jobs for a while but had to leave when i had a couple of hip implants, have been having a hard time getting jobs since, cant get ssi or welfare money either, ive been going to school lately so ive been living on grants, i get food stamps and medicaid and have hud too

September 24, 2016 7:14 PM MDT