Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » anyways to get rid of a crazy neighbor?

anyways to get rid of a crazy neighbor?

shes already told my apt manager i slam doors all the time when i never do, this person is bipolar and crazy too, today i was just minding my own business and she called the cops on me saying i was slamming doors when i never do, shes harrassing me, any ways i can get her out of here?

Posted - February 8, 2020

Responses

One can't evict a neighbour unless you're her landlord.

I would suggest that you find a way to record her accusations on your mobile phone.
    If you can't do that, keep a written log that lists dates, times, exact circumstances (what you were doing at the time and where she was), and her exact words. Gradually, the record will build up a consistent pattern.
    If you have other neighbours who can testify that you don't bang doors or make a lot of noise, that too could help.
    You can then take a copy of this record to the police. 
    When they have proof that her allegations are false they will, in future, ignore her complaints.
    They may be able to give you further advice.
      February 8, 2020 5:21 PM MST

im going to talk to the person in charge of my place on monday
      February 8, 2020 5:28 PM MST

Send me $200 and an address. 
      February 8, 2020 5:23 PM MST

sorry but i cant do that, that could get me in a lot of trouble
      February 8, 2020 5:28 PM MST

NOW I recognize the name Barzini. There was this family in South Philly...never mind.
      February 8, 2020 5:31 PM MST

We‘ve got people everywhere.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at February 9, 2020 12:09 PM MST
      February 8, 2020 6:34 PM MST

I find that oddly comforting...
      February 8, 2020 6:51 PM MST

• You can't get her out.  But, if she keeps complaining about things that aren't true, your landlord might want her out.  It's not so easy to evict someone though.  It might be easier for you to move to find a place where you have some peace.
      February 8, 2020 6:21 PM MST

When I 'left the nest' around age 25, I made the mistake of moving into a mobile home park. Then I moved into several other bad locations. People were loud, the music boomed night and day, and it made me very determined to get back to my rural roots. I wasn't making the kind of income I needed to make this lifestyle change. Slowly at first, I started to get my wheels to stop spinning. I learned about real estate and also how to fix up a house to live in. Eventually, I worked my way to my dream home where I live today, in this quiet neighborhood surrounded by birds chirping and the distant mooing of cows and the occasional rooster crowing. 
      February 9, 2020 10:06 AM MST

• Sounds wonderful B.H.!  
      February 9, 2020 11:46 AM MST

Nice story.
      February 9, 2020 4:42 PM MST

Pearl, with all due respect, you have been complaining about one neighbor or another or one living condition or another for two years.  Why don't you do yourself a favor and move?  It would be a lot easier than trying to fix everyone and everything else.
      February 8, 2020 7:42 PM MST

!!
      February 9, 2020 12:12 PM MST

If you are not slamming doors, and she is accusing you of doing so, then she is wasting police time.  Noise nuisance is usually something Landlords or the environmental health deal with and in order to serve a noise abatement order they require evidence that you are doing this, if the situation escalates and she starts accusing you of other things that you are not doing, then ring the police and make a concern for her mental health and you becoming a target of harassment as a result of it. But please bear in mind you have had other problems with neighbours and I don't mean to devalue these, as living in apartments can bring a multitude of noise nuisance, but you don't want to be the one the police end up labelling as the problem.  Alternatively, reassure her that you are not trying to upset her in any way you are just going about your business, and that you do not like the noise of door slamming and so make every effort not to do this.

This post was edited by kjames at February 12, 2020 3:22 PM MST
      February 9, 2020 11:04 AM MST

The Jeffersons had this all figured out!  You need to do what they did and move on up!  They had some good advice.

This post was edited by Livvie at February 9, 2020 3:08 PM MST
      February 9, 2020 2:37 PM MST

Your neighbor has some issues and you could try being more compassionate instead of just thinking about yourself.
      February 9, 2020 5:07 PM MST

i know but i also dont appreciate her calling the police when i wasnt doing anything
      February 10, 2020 1:02 PM MST