Discussion » Questions » Music » Excluding “rap”, which type or genre of music sounds like nothing more than noise to you? ~

Excluding “rap”, which type or genre of music sounds like nothing more than noise to you? ~

Posted - February 10, 2020

Responses

Classical music. It is not bad. But I just consider is elevator music/background noise.

Opera. I just do not like it.
      February 10, 2020 10:52 AM MST

How can you not appreciate the genius of Beethoven, Mozart and Pachelbel? Then again, Kanye is a Trumpican and that just ain't music. So is Ted Nugent and that stuff makes me break out in hives.

Mozart also wrote opera - I once played Papageno in Die Zauberflöte, sang it well, acted it abysmally. I was nineteen and it wasn't supposed to be my part (I was the understudy), but the lead baritone came down with lurgy the day before we went on stage, so I got pitched into it headfirst.
      February 10, 2020 11:33 PM MST

"How can you not appreciate . . . ?"    Please don't tell us you're one of those people who think that just because you like something that everyone else must like it equally.

:(
      February 17, 2020 1:26 AM MST

Not at all - but it sure as hell ain't "noise". That was Purcell. And some of Wagner could be hard to take.
      February 18, 2020 3:00 AM MST

How can you not appreciate catches and rounds such as Purcell's "I gave her cakes and I gave her ale" and Wagner's overtures such as "Meistersinger", "Rienzi", and "Tannhauser?" Those most certainly are not "noise."
      February 18, 2020 4:28 AM MST

Once again, just because it is or is not noise TO YOU doesn't mean that others agree, or that they have to agree.  I am not calling your choices in music 'noise', but I'm not touting them as 'wonderful' either.  I have no interest in the majority of classical music, I appreciate the fact that many other people love it and\or prefer it, fine.  I like things that other people do not like, other people like things that I do not like.  I don't look down on others for having choices that differ from mine, I do not hold myself superior for having choices that differ from other people.  I'm merely asking you if that's how you are when it comes to tastes.
    ~
      February 19, 2020 9:10 PM MST

No matter your question, I'm still including Rap Music and that Heavy Metal stuff. This post was edited by Zack at February 10, 2020 11:55 PM MST
      February 10, 2020 11:53 AM MST

Anything that is on FM or AM radio.  
      February 10, 2020 12:15 PM MST

:)
    :)
      February 10, 2020 1:50 PM MST

This leads me to believe you create your own music.  Music that you hear in your mind and share with others.  What a beautiful gift to have.
    With that being said, what genre of music would yours fall under or would you name a new genre for the sound?
      February 18, 2020 10:56 AM MST

Screamo metal. Corey Taylor annoys me,  he can sing and does so with Stone Sour, but with Slipsnot he prefers to just scream his t**s off.

House. "Unce, unce, unce, unce" does nothing for me.

February 10, 2020 11:02 PM MST

Don't forget your towel to wrap around your head.
    It will dull the screams.
    ;) :)
      February 18, 2020 10:57 AM MST