Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » The FBI uncovers a Child Terrorist training camp in Macon County, AL. Is it time to build a wall around Alabama and New Mexico?

The FBI uncovers a Child Terrorist training camp in Macon County, AL. Is it time to build a wall around Alabama and New Mexico?

A compound uncovered by the FBI in Macon County, Alabama. Designed to arm and train young recruits to become terrorists, the training ground was led by Siraj Wahhaj, who had been arrested previously in New Mexico for spearheading a similar compound found there in March 2019. 

Posted - February 10, 2020

Responses

Read my post again. Did I mention dates? What was the question?

February 11, 2020 8:15 AM MST

A wall within the states...no. But we should take possession of the property. And throw the adults in prison. 
      February 11, 2020 10:13 AM MST

We should. There is terrorism fermenting in these places
      February 11, 2020 3:20 PM MST

We should investigate all those with ties to this family as well. 
      February 11, 2020 3:29 PM MST

I agree
      February 11, 2020 4:24 PM MST

Sure. Why not blame everybody living in those state?
      February 11, 2020 4:21 PM MST

Why not? We blamed every German for the holocaust. Right?
      February 11, 2020 4:24 PM MST

Wrong. Not as far as I know.
      February 11, 2020 7:45 PM MST

• Shoot him
      February 11, 2020 4:22 PM MST

What I'm wondering is what kind of terrorism were they training for -  like was it for terrorism of all of America or just terrorism against the people that oppose Trump. By uncovering the camp the FBI probably saved America lots of future violence but yet I can't remember Trump thanking them for it - I remember him bad mouthing them lots of times and I think this is another example of how wrong he is, Cheers!
      February 12, 2020 8:53 AM MST

It was reported the Islamic terrorist was training children to commit a school shooting. 
      February 12, 2020 2:46 PM MST

It would be sufficient to lock up Siraj Wahhaj and his leading followers,
    and do the same with any other terrorist training camps.
    It would also be necessary to take their recruits into a re-education program to help them reintegrate as normal citizens who prefer a peaceful way of life.

To put a wall around Alabama and New Mexico would only punish the majority of the population. Why should they suffer for the crimes of a radical few?
    I'm guessing you are drawing an analogy with Trump's Mexican border wall. He likes to Tweet that all Mexicans and South Americans are criminals - which is obviously ridiculous.

By the way, how many Americans are aware that Alabama is flooding as it sinks?

https://sealevelrise.org/states/alabama/
    "The sea level around Alabama is up to 11 inches higher than it was in 1966.1 This increase is mostly due to Alabama’s sinking land, and it’s causing major issues. The shorelines of the state’s barrier islands are receding by as much as 12 feet per year and important habitats are disappearing.2 As the sea level rises, it makes existing coastal flooding more severe and it erodes beaches, eventually submerging both wetlands and dry land. On Dauphin Island, over 50 years of land erosion has already caused the island’s mass to decrease by 16%, with a total of 350 feet of the beach destroyed to date.2 There are already over 7,000 properties at risk from frequent tidal flooding in Alabama.3 The state is planning over $24 million in sea level rise solutions, which include shoreline restoration and protection, stormwater mapping, and seawall repair.
    When the ocean rises high enough, high tides cause flooding even on sunny days. Even though the sea level has only risen by around 4 and a half inches, tidal flooding has increased by over 200% in some areas of Alabama since 2000.8"

It's highly likely that the land of Alabama could not support a wall without extraordinary foundations.
      February 13, 2020 9:59 PM MST

It would be sufficient to lock up Siraj Wahhaj and his leading followers,
    and do the same with any other terrorist training camps.
    It would also be necessary to take their recruits into a psychological re-education program to help them reintegrate as normal citizens who prefer a peaceful way of life.

To put a wall around Alabama and New Mexico would only punish the majority of the population. Why should they suffer for the crimes of a radical few?
    I'm guessing you are drawing an analogy with Trump's Mexican border wall. He likes to Tweet that all Mexicans and South Americans are criminals - which is obviously ridiculous.

By the way, how many Americans are aware that Alabama is flooding as it sinks?

https://sealevelrise.org/states/alabama/
    "The sea level around Alabama is up to 11 inches higher than it was in 1966.1 This increase is mostly due to Alabama’s sinking land, and it’s causing major issues. The shorelines of the state’s barrier islands are receding by as much as 12 feet per year and important habitats are disappearing.2 As the sea level rises, it makes existing coastal flooding more severe and it erodes beaches, eventually submerging both wetlands and dry land. On Dauphin Island, over 50 years of land erosion has already caused the island’s mass to decrease by 16%, with a total of 350 feet of the beach destroyed to date.2 There are already over 7,000 properties at risk from frequent tidal flooding in Alabama.3 The state is planning over $24 million in sea level rise solutions, which include shoreline restoration and protection, stormwater mapping, and seawall repair.
    When the ocean rises high enough, high tides cause flooding even on sunny days. Even though the sea level has only risen by around 4 and a half inches, tidal flooding has increased by over 200% in some areas of Alabama since 2000.8"

It's highly likely that the land of Alabama could not support a wall without extraordinary foundations.

This post was edited by inky at February 13, 2020 10:00 PM MST
      February 13, 2020 9:59 PM MST