Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Music » Have you heard this song?

Have you heard this song?

"In the Arms of an Angel"    Sarah McLachlan

So lovely! Beautiful!

(I just heard it tonight, just now, getting ready to go to bed. Good night, all)

Posted - February 12, 2020

Responses

It all good, Fade To Black!!
    I, too, in many ways am in various minorities - - like, I don't like the movie "Forrest Gump," nor am I overly impressed with Tom Hanks performance in it. ;0

I'm glad you answered!
    :)

I really like her singing with Barenaked Ladies here on "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 13, 2020 10:03 AM MST
      February 13, 2020 10:00 AM MST

• You're welcome dear friend. 
    Here is one of hers that I simply adore.  "Sweet Surrender"

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 13, 2020 4:08 PM MST
      February 13, 2020 10:03 AM MST

couldn't make my video post in my other comment -- tried three separate videos of the song from youtube. Here's a link -- or look up the title. Great version!

https://youtu.be/HGVNzgUxE-g
      February 13, 2020 10:05 AM MST

• Ah yes.  Very familiar with it.  And its a Christmas song no less.  My fave stuff is holiday themed.  You always have excellent taste in tunes.
      February 13, 2020 10:08 AM MST

Ah, shicks - - 

HA!!! I meant to say "Shucks" -- but I love my typo, it stays!! Ah, shicks!!

I love their 'take' on this song!
      February 13, 2020 10:13 AM MST

You've probably already heard this song, too -- but while responding here, I thought of this song I really like- - I choreographed a dance for dancers to this one --

"One Toy Soldier" by Enya -- a holiday song

February 13, 2020 10:33 AM MST

I've not heard this song before. This is lovely, too! I love her voice on anything I've heard. I enjoyed listening to this.

I just figured out who you were, yes, my dear friend. Takes me a while sometimes.
      February 13, 2020 10:11 AM MST

Really pretty.  I've never heard it either.  
      February 14, 2020 10:18 AM MST

OK..I'm late to the party, but I am going to have to agree with Twinkle on this.
    I not only detest that song, but I also make me want to slit my wrist.
    As M2C stated, it was used as a theme song for public service announcements starring Sarah and highlighting animal abuse.  Every time I hear that song I think of animals being neglected and tortured.

Anyways...this is my favorite song by Sarah
    It reminds me of  love, kindness, and the happiness that goes along with it

February 13, 2020 4:16 PM MST

It's all good -- like i've said before, I detest that "Forrest Gump" movie. And Hanks' annoying performance. :) 

i WILL attempt to listen to the songs you've posted. I look forward to it. Yet, AGAIN - - I get home so late lately! It's 9:20pm my time and only now am I eating supper. And I'm tired and want to listen when I'm "alert-er."
    Thanks, Jon!
      February 13, 2020 7:21 PM MST

That is, indeed, nice. I like its understated-ness. That first line made me smile -- "Your love is better than ice cream."
      February 15, 2020 5:56 AM MST

Yes, it's a popular choice for funerals.

Here's one going along with the theme...

February 14, 2020 10:14 AM MST

I never heard this song before. I enjoyed it. I admit I wasn't looking/listening too closely to the words but seemed sad.
    I don't listen too closely to the words to the Angel song i posted, either. I just like the sound of it all, like this one you posted.
      February 15, 2020 6:06 AM MST

The song Angel is played on the Film The City Of Angels.  As McLachlan explained on VH1 Storytellers, this song is about the Smashing Pumpkins touring keyboard player Jonathan Melvoin, who overdosed on heroin and died in 1996.  This is why a dark hotel, veins and escape is described in the song, "angel dust."

I do listen to lyrics, of songs.
      February 16, 2020 7:40 AM MST

I usually listen to lyrics, too. But I sometimes miss them when I don't listen to the songs over and over again.

That's a sad story about Melvoin. Thank you for sharing about it.
      February 16, 2020 11:57 AM MST

Yes, I have. 

~
      March 14, 2020 4:27 PM MDT

I remember now that when I posted that question I hadn't heard the song in a long while and it was nice to hear it.
      March 14, 2020 5:11 PM MDT