Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Which Dem candidate do you think can best go toe to toe with don and smack him down in debates?

Which Dem candidate do you think can best go toe to toe with don and smack him down in debates?

After all don cheats and lies and denies and hits below the belt all the time.

Who can counter his dirty filthy lying crap best without getting down and rolling in the slime scum sludge with him?

Posted - February 13, 2020

Responses

He is among the few I'm considering Stu. But honestly I'm torn. I don't know which of the few I would even consider voting for will do the best job. I mean how in the he** can we tell at this point who will come through for us and who won't? If you have a clue...a crystal ball..can you share what it is telling you because mine is broken. All I see is dark. Thank you for your reply and Happy Valentine's Friday to thee. I LIKE how very intelligent he is. I LIKE that he served his country in the military. I like to hear him speak. He doesn't talk pie in the sky gibberish but I wonder if can he stand up to a bulldozer? Sizewise don could sit on him and crush him to death. Can supersmart outsmart superliar? I dunno. Sheesh. I do not like feeling this way. I hope it passes and I can see the light before I go blind. This post was edited by RosieG at February 14, 2020 2:02 PM MST
      February 14, 2020 4:25 AM MST

Bernie or Mike. Pete is too "nice" and nobody else still in the running would have a prayer.

That said, I still believe Pete would be a better Prez than either of them. Bernie's age is against him and Mike is too far removed from how the people live - like Trump. Ivory towers. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at February 14, 2020 4:27 AM MST
      February 14, 2020 4:24 AM MST

For me at this very moment it's between mike and pete. I prefer pete but maybe mike will do better against the bulldozer liar. It's a crapshoot no matter what choice I make. Very uncomfy at the moment. Thank you for your reply R! :)
      February 14, 2020 4:28 AM MST

https://www.isidewith.com

V
    ote for who you agree with on policies. 
      February 14, 2020 4:32 AM MST

Almost anyone with any actual training in rhetoric, debate, etc. could blow Der Pumpkinfuhrer into the weeds....IF your standard of "winning" involves conventional notions of logic, rationality, empiricism, etc.

But, as a wealth of research and experience shows, those things don't really matter to a large majority of the polity. They remember pithy quotes, or which candidate was taller, or which candidate looked like he had a 5 o'clock shadow (cf. Nixon-Kennedy in 1960), or any number of things which have nothing to do with the quality of the arguments presented.

So it doesn't matter that Trump's ideas are nonsense and his ability to present them in any rational way is non-existent.  Those who are inclined to approve of him despite those failings will continue to approve of him, and members of the Reality-Based Community who point out that Trump is a lying demented irrational nitwit will be ignored and/or hated.
      February 14, 2020 10:50 AM MST

The GOP:
    1.  The Dems are even WORSER
    2.  It doesn't matter if we did this, it is done all the time; get over it
       (translation:  I know it is wrong but what are you going to DO about it???)
    3.  William Barr:  Whatever they do to screw with the election will be sanctioned by this Monster.
    4.  FOX NEWS

So, because we have a weak and ineffective  Democratic party with weak, ineffective leaders?   They have no clout.  And Trump is going to jail them if he gets re-elected.  And he still may be able to get re-elected.  Even though the FBI and The Speaker are threatened with jail or worse.

No WONDER Rod Rosenstein cut and ran like a scalded cat.   I think he saw the writing on the wall.  I think Mueller did too.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 14, 2020 11:00 AM MST
      February 14, 2020 10:57 AM MST