Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » No one becomes a teacher to gain fame success and money. Therefore to whit and thus I trust teachers more than I do anyone. YOU?

No one becomes a teacher to gain fame success and money. Therefore to whit and thus I trust teachers more than I do anyone. YOU?

Posted - February 14, 2020

Responses

I trust them as much as any other government/religious official.
    Which is less than the average "person on the street".

Both groups (teachers and religious leaders) take it upon themselves to influence the impressionable.
    Therefore, they are not to be trusted without oversight.

In fact, our K-12 public school system was designed not to educate - but to indoctrinate.
      February 14, 2020 8:14 AM MST

I could not disagree with you more if I tried. All the teachers I ever had taught me HOW to think critically not WHAT to think. I don't know what your interaction personally with teachers was so I cannot speak to that. All I know is what I experienced and TEACHING I believe is the most noble profession. I was a very shy introverted child. I skipped a few grades which exacerbated my problems with the other kids. It was my TEACHERS who brought me out of my shell in grammar school. It was my TEACHERS who challenged me and tested me and caused me to have faith in my ability to THINK. It was a very exciting time for me to realize that I was very capable of figuring things out on my own. I will never forget that. Without my teachers in grammar school high school and junior college I might not ever have been able to figure that out on my own. Your experience appears to be the exact opposite of mine. Condolences to you. My son is a University Professor and I could not be more proud of him than I am. You take no pride in education or educators or teachers or professors. You have your reasons and I feel very sorry for you because you didn't experience the joy of discovery that I did. Different strokes Walt. What profession do you think is the most noble then? Thank you for your reply. Of course I shall ask that question. This post was edited by RosieG at February 15, 2020 4:54 AM MST
      February 15, 2020 4:52 AM MST

Your response proves my point.

It is a teacher's job to influence children.
    Thus, it is necessary that there is oversight as to exactly how they are wielding that power.
    As any group with power to influence impressionable minds, some use it for good and some use it for bad.
    There are numerous stories every year about teachers who use it for bad - as far as even "grooming" underage students for sex.

February 17, 2020 7:07 AM MST