Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Would you trade your current car in for this one? It looks like a freaking hearse.

Would you trade your current car in for this one? It looks like a freaking hearse.

Posted - February 14, 2020

Responses

No...I like my little Ford.
      February 15, 2020 11:14 AM MST

You are a Dharma Bum.  You place a limitation on your desires.

That is a good thing.   You are not wanting.

Find & Share Quotes with Friends

Jack Kerouac > Quotes > Quotable Quote

Jack Kerouac

“Everything was fine with the Zen Lunatics, the nut wagon was too far away to hear us. But there was a wisdom in it all, as you'll see if you take a walk some night on a suburban street and pass house after house on both sides of the street each with the lamplight of the living room, shining golden, and inside the little blue square of the television, each living family riveting its attention on probably one show; nobody talking; silence in the yards; dogs barking at you because you pass on human feet instead of on wheels. You'll see what I mean, when it begins to appear like everybody in the world is soon going to be thinking the same way and the Zen Lunatics have long joined dust, laughter on their dust lips.”

― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 18, 2020 2:57 PM MST
      February 16, 2020 8:54 AM MST

I love Element to pieces BUT I also find your response VERY
    "On Spot!"

Hugely Fun Giggles!
      February 18, 2020 12:38 PM MST

Ari has two cars. I have none.

But if I had a car to trade, no.
    The looks wouldn't bother me - I could easily spray it white.
    The problem for me would be functionality. I have no need of sporty speed.
    The chassis is too low to survive the roughness of country roads.
    And there's not enough space in the back to remove the back seats and install a bed for sleeping overnight at uni.
      February 15, 2020 1:24 PM MST

Tell me one hearse that has need of sporty speed.
      February 16, 2020 8:56 AM MST

Sorry, ah, I was referring to the photo of the sporty-looking Cadillac in your photo.
    It looks hearse-like in its black sleekness but its aerodynamics are built for speed.
      February 16, 2020 12:32 PM MST

It sounds like I am picking on you. I am just going real fast with the replies.  

I am not. I appreciate your input and seeing what you see through your eyes.  Even when you do a blooper, I see what I do in the same situations.  I thought I was the only one who made blunders.  IT is good that the smart do too.
      February 16, 2020 12:43 PM MST

Since I posted my response in this thread, I've changed it three times to make sure I have the message I was trying to portray read correctly.
    I always get nervous that if I don't post immediately, no one will read me and have moved too far forward to come back to the place I left off.  My paranoia stems from the fact I don't have the luxury of being here as often as I would like. Many time it looks like I'm bringing old questions up.
    I like to make sure I remember to answer any and everyone I can that has responded to anything I have to offer in any thread.
    I really desire everyone to feel included and know their input is important.

Bookworm, I share this with you because many times I am away for a while and when I appreciate all the posts you write.  I appreciate and care very much for BERNIES MAKES GOD SMILE AGAIN and have for many years.  
    Sometimes it sounds rougher than it is.  
    I can only speak for myself, and I use this term freely but also most sincerely,
    I love you bookworm and BERNIE MAKES GOD SMILE  AGAIN too.  
    You both are great.
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at February 18, 2020 2:58 PM MST
      February 18, 2020 1:01 PM MST

You never know.
    The driver might be having delusions and seeing ghosts or zombies.  Feeling the urge to save the dead person in the back or just to stay in front.
    Switch into manual mode and hope you learned how to Really Drive!!
    HIT THE GAS and pray!!!
    Drive!  Drive!!  Remember:  Enter the turn in control and gas at the arch to have forward movement coming out of the turn!!!!!
    A sporty speed is needed and be aware with the weight on the top but don't overcompensate.  The demons may get you if you do!!!  MWAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Oh!  The trials and tribulations of teaching people how to really drive is so taxing at times..
    Big winks and smiles!

This post was edited by Merlin at February 18, 2020 12:52 PM MST
      February 18, 2020 12:45 PM MST

Plus it's difficult to imagine a bogan would be caught dead in such a vehicle...
      February 16, 2020 12:40 PM MST

If they are DEAD, they cannot help but get caught and they have no choice but ride inside.  Or rot outside.
      February 16, 2020 12:49 PM MST

The one is for you M...

This post was edited by Element 99 at February 18, 2020 3:12 PM MST
      February 18, 2020 3:00 PM MST

You bet! I love them.
    HumVees in Australia are rare, but I have seen the odd one or two.
    I believe a Tesla electric version is not far away, with solar charged heavy-duty lithium batteries for long distances and high torque.
    Now all I have to do is win Lotto.
      February 18, 2020 3:14 PM MST

Hey...it's a Jeep. You can't go wrong.
      February 18, 2020 3:16 PM MST

Woops!
    HumVees or Jeeps - both absolutely excellent.
    There are a fair few Jeeps here - growing in popularity - considered the Mercedes of the 4WD world - mostly used for trips through the far north and the outback.
    Some of those roads are so rough that even these beasties need to be raised on huge wheels with spider-like suspensions.
      February 18, 2020 4:14 PM MST

And many of them are made in my home town. Not the above model, though.
      February 18, 2020 6:53 PM MST

hahaha
    just don't see it...
    although Hearse's aren't
    on my mind...:))
      February 16, 2020 8:24 AM MST

Please tell me.  Exactly WHAT is on your mind?  

I'm not sure.  You never say.  
      February 16, 2020 8:57 AM MST

Isn't that the truth.
    But I WILL say,
    Baba was the second person who actually responded to me here.
    And from that day, and the avatar,  Baba always made me feel welcome.  
    When I was shaky and timid and he,(please don't get gender aggressive, just a matter of speech) disappeared for awhile, I was concerned one of the only friends I found, had left.
    But, then he returned and his cool hand avatar and he liked one of my posts.
    That gave me a little more confidence to stay.
    Now look what a monster I've become!
    Writing questions and everything.!
    Goodness! Gracious!  Great Balls o' Fire!!
    ;) :) This post was edited by Merlin at February 18, 2020 6:54 PM MST
      February 18, 2020 2:13 PM MST