Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Education » Does anyone buy anything from Fredricks of Hollywood anymore? Or ever?

Does anyone buy anything from Fredricks of Hollywood anymore? Or ever?

I love this Fringe & Feather Babydoll from Frederick's of Hollywood!

Posted - February 15, 2020

Responses

I used to on occasion but I am more of a Victoria Secret sort of widardress.
    Lately,  I have found Adam and Eve online fun to peruse. 
      February 15, 2020 4:03 AM MST

They changed the store's name to Clarence of Oregon...nobody shops there.
      February 15, 2020 11:10 AM MST

There are no words I can muster to tell you how my gut hurts from laughing so hard.  I defintiely need to catch my breath. !!!
    Is Clarence nestled next to Boring, Oregon?

February 18, 2020 11:54 AM MST

There used to be a store in one of the malls but I never went in there.  I've never heard anyone say they went in there either.  
      February 15, 2020 5:18 PM MST

I went there a long time ago but was disappointed in their limited line. Not as disappointed as when I walked in Victorias Secret however.  Everything in there was for small breasted women.  I found one thing to buy.  :  (
      February 15, 2020 5:54 PM MST

My experience exactly, at both places.  
      June 9, 2022 4:20 PM MDT

Frederick's of Hollywood was a well-known retailer of women's lingerie in the United States, with stores in many shopping malls across the US. After filing for bankruptcy in 2015, 93 retail stores were closed, the brand was acquired by Authentic Brands Group and it was relaunched as an online-only store.

Per Wikipedia
      February 16, 2020 3:13 PM MST

Fredrick's was a fun place to go when I was fiesty and wanted something outlandish.  It was a great store.  Some of the items were a little out there but Hey!  It's fun to do things that way sometimes.  Morning Person is right in saying the cup and breast expansion on most of Fredrick's garments.
    It's a bummer when you find the cutest things that are meant for someone the size of a peanut.  
    Don't get me wrong.  It is wonderful they have those items for the smaller breasted but their range of sizes needs to be bigger.  Maybe their marketing department needed to think about the people with more money are normally the more mature and the more mature people are normally the people with money.

An idea the lingerie fashion, designers needed to take into consideration.  You can show the lovely, mature, and well-breasted women along side the young, small or well-breasted women.
    Between the two, the larger breasted women will buy.  the smaller breasted women will yearn to buy.
    Go with the mature but show both.
    Marketing.  I'll be quiet now.

My norm is sensual and classy but that has its boredom side, too. You can't always be Merlin-feel-good.  You need to be very playful, a little nasty, and definitely willing to step out.

Victoria can be very expensive and sometimes a let down on the quality.  I figured, if I was going to buy a piece of string, it better be form fitting and worth it for $35.  It has gone down hill.
      February 18, 2020 12:09 PM MST

(Fredrick’s Frederick’s)

June 9, 2022 7:26 AM MDT

Why did she post this in the Education category?
    ~
      June 9, 2022 7:28 AM MDT

Well, maybe she was hoping a teacher would answer it. It was Sharonna, after all.
      June 9, 2022 9:11 AM MDT

I sure miss her.  

:(

June 9, 2022 9:13 AM MDT

Yeah. Maybe she will come back some day. She didn't delete her account.
      June 9, 2022 9:14 AM MDT

Without having heard a word from her or about her from anyone who knows how she’s been in almost two years, I fear for the worst. 

:(

June 9, 2022 11:28 AM MDT

Same with NJ.
      June 9, 2022 12:15 PM MDT