Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever hear of CHS? Heavy weed users are subject to getting it. How heavy are you weeduserwise?

Ever hear of CHS? Heavy weed users are subject to getting it. How heavy are you weeduserwise?

Cannabinoid
Hyperemesis
Syndrome

It comes with severe abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. It can lead to dehydration and death.

Didja know?

Posted - February 15, 2020

Responses

I have never heard of it but I will do a bit of research. I'm a pretty heavy cannabis user and so are a lot of my friends and were all pretty healthy. What I'm thinking is maybe the CHS isn't caused by the cannabis it's caused by how it is grown - lots of chemicals plus it is usally grown indoors under un natural lighting. The weed I grow is organic and it's grown outside so there is 2 scoops of sunshine in ever bag. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at February 16, 2020 1:46 AM MST
      February 15, 2020 10:51 AM MST

I think there is a HUGE difference between what you grow yourself Nanoose and what you buy commercially that was grown by others. I took one puff of someone's else "cigarette" long ago and that was it. I was too scared to puff any more. That one puff did nothing for me! Were you a regular cigarette smoker first? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      February 16, 2020 1:48 AM MST

I smoked for 40 years straight.  Weed. I did not smoke crap.  I smoked clean and good stuff I guess.  I am glad I don't have to smoke a thing.  I eat it now.  In a capsule.  It has changed my life.  

I never had one lung issue.  ANd neither has anyone I know.  
      February 15, 2020 2:59 PM MST

The info caught my eye and I thought ought to be shared. I'm not a user but lots of folks are so that's why I asked the question. I have no dog in the fight. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday Sharon.
      February 16, 2020 1:49 AM MST

This is the first I've heard of this particular potential side effect to marijuana consumption.

ALL psychoactive drugs come with risks. I think if you look at the overall risk profile of cannabis, it's pretty mild compared other commonly used/abused psychoactive substances.
      February 15, 2020 3:17 PM MST

As I told Sharon I have no dog in the fight. I'm not a user so it affects me personally not at all. But I thought those who are should be made aware of this if they don't know. Thank you for your reply SP and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      February 16, 2020 1:50 AM MST

It's not my thing, either. But I do understand the frustration of cannabis users who have been demonized/criminalized when many other substances of abuse (including, arguably, things like sugar in the diet) cause significantly more harm to users and society.

Still, I had never heard of CHS before, so thank you for adding to my knowledge base.
      February 16, 2020 8:27 AM MST