Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Randy D
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Who is the most quirky erratic oddball you know? How so?

Who is the most quirky erratic oddball you know? How so?

Posted - February 16, 2020

Responses

Always it seem the girl in the Mirror Rosie....it's hard to face up to I know...:)D 
      February 16, 2020 4:25 AM MST

Think so? There is no one more so than you? Hmmm. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thy! :)
      February 17, 2020 1:47 AM MST

Me. 
    I have the tendency to march to the beat of a different drummer more often than not.  Many times that drummer is way out of tune, or is beating at the wrong tempo.  Although not everyone would say call me "weird", many do.
    My humor is by far the most oddest thing about me (one has to experience it to understand).  I have to microwave my ice cream before I'll eat it (it raises a few eyebrows when I'm at other peoples houses).  I like to do things in a precise order (drives me nuts if I don't).
      February 16, 2020 3:19 PM MST

You have OCD then Shuhak? You MICROWAVE ice cream? Doesn't that destroy the point of ice cream? You make it like soup and drink it through a straw or use a soup spoon?. Well you can't help doing it or whatever else you do. I prefer refried beans on my pasta instead of red sauces. It's delicious and the combination of the two has the same food value as a steak. I have had more than a few glances in my direction when I go to a buffet but you know what? That's how I LIKE IT. It's much healthier and tastier according to me so whatever people think is fine with me. No skin off my nose. Now there is a logical necessity to do things in a particular order if you want to be successful at it. That is why we have recipes, instructions, "How to" books. I see nothing wrong with that at all. As for your sense of humor so far as I can tell I share it. Now if there are deeper darker aspects to it you have not shared then of course I can't speak to that. I think our personalities are formed by our "idiosyncracies". Some are pleasing and attractive to others and some are not. But compare yourself to the don. He is the best example of the worst of us in my opinion. Is there anything at all you share with him that you can see? We are square pegs(thee and me and others like us) and that's fine. We don't fit in easily where others fit perfectly. You learn that you don't have to fit into holes made by other people. Once learned life becomes much easier. I dare to speak for thee but if I overstepped then just tell me. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      February 17, 2020 1:58 AM MST

To a degree, yes I have OCD.  Not to the "Adrian Monk " degree, however (remember the old TV show "Monk"?)

Yes, with a soup spoon.  My sister always quips, "do you want a straw?" when I do it at her house.

To me your bean quirk sounds yicky.  But then again, I don't like beans.

As for my humor... I see humor in just about everything... even in the serious and somber.  The day after  my dad died, my mom, sister and me were in the mortuary talking to the funeral director about the arrangements.  A very sad, somber time, right?  Nah, I'm sitting there cracking jokes and puns right and left as well as doing improv.  Rather hard to be sad and somber when you're in a "comedy club" (even mom couldn't cry and laugh at the same time).  I even had the funeral director laughing.   Maybe it was my way of coping, or maybe I was trying to lighten the mood for everyone else... I can't say. 

From what I've seen, heard and read, I share nothing in common with the don, except maybe gender. 

Did I mention that I don't like chocolate?  That's something that many people find astonishing.
      February 17, 2020 12:44 PM MST

I remember reading some 40 years ago in a psychology book that all of us have some minimum amount of obsessive and compulsive tendencies or we would never get anything done.
      February 17, 2020 12:55 PM MST

I fully agree.
      February 17, 2020 1:41 PM MST