Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » True or un I do not know. I SUPPOSE the first thing a man adores about a woman is her body. What SHOU:LD he adore her for?

True or un I do not know. I SUPPOSE the first thing a man adores about a woman is her body. What SHOU:LD he adore her for?

Well how about her mind her talent her accomplishments her character her personality?

Who among you focus on that first being drawn to a specific woman because you see whom she is TRULY and not just surfacely superficially? SIGH.

Posted - February 17, 2020

Responses

Adore = love and respect, or venerate/worship

I believe it's been scientifically proven that men are more visual than women.  
    So men are more likely to be attracted to a woman, based on first looks - than women are to a man.
       (there is no such thing as "love at first sight", because love is based on getting to know the person)

If the only thing a man notices about a woman is her body, after getting to know her, I don't think there is respect involved.
    So I don't think it's adoration - only lust.
      February 17, 2020 1:08 PM MST

I think we all lust after something Walt. For me? I LUST after intelligence. Not sexually of course but that is how I am attracted to people. I go for brain not body. Of course I admire beauty and good looks. I once danced with a very handsome guy and I could not get fast enough. He was STOOPID. That's one think I will not subject myself too! Thank you for your very thoughtful analysis m'dear! I appreciate it! :)
      February 18, 2020 3:30 AM MST

Technically the first thing anyone 'sees' about another person is their body. 

The theory is that once one sees the body, they come "closer" and observe its actions.  If those actions are appealing, then one comes even "closer" and looks at the personality/character of that body's "contents".   Unfortunately, many stop at the first step.   They fixate solely on the outer body, blinding themselves to the body's true contents.  Many women put their bodies on display, taking great effort to make it attractive.  Sometimes they put more emphasis on beautifying the outer appearance than making the inner contents "attractive" (the same can be said for some men).

I admit that I will look at a woman's body first.  That's how I know that she's a she (hopefully).  Call me biased, but I'm just not attracted to men.  
      February 17, 2020 1:39 PM MST

I LUST AFTER intelligence Shuhak. I ADMIRE good looks of course. You'd have to be blind not to in my opinion. But LUSTING AFTER possessing it? Not my cuppa tea. I told Walt I once danced with a very handsome guy and he was a DUNCE. Totally. Thank you for your thoughtful reply m'dear and Happy Tuesday! :)
      February 18, 2020 3:32 AM MST

As a first approximation, their are two polarities in our world---masculine and feminine; and more specifically, male and female.

For better or worse, I am 100% heterosexual---and while I can recognize physical qualities that are pleasing to the eye in both males and females, the only humans that I am going to continue to appraise according to their physical features are going to be the females.

To the extent that we male 100 per centers are genetically hardwired to mate with women in order to assure the survival of our species, simple identification of a woman as a potential partner most likely to serve that function, is the sine qua non of our decision.

Like Walt O'Reagun, I like definitions. Another definition is Adore” is much stronger but temporary and unsustainable. “Love” is much, much longer or more sustainable, and can be everlasting or for life. (Bold print is from copy and paste.

For me, she is my wife and therefore a part of me.  We are in some magical and mystical way part of a whole---and as that I (adore) her for all that she is and we are.

February 17, 2020 1:50 PM MST

This is very poetic and lovely response to my question tom. I ADMIRE beauty/good looks but I LUST AFTER intelligence. I can't remember a time when I wasn't drawn to the very smart over the whatever else. I have described myself as a "perennial" student which is true. Now what can I learn from dumb? Not a thing so I avoid it. I LISTEN to what people say. If it makes sense I listen harder if it doesn't I just move on. Happy Tuesday! :)
      February 18, 2020 3:34 AM MST

There was a gay man that I worked with for a number of years.  He finally told me that he was in love with my mind.  Fortunately he was never physically attracted to me.
      February 21, 2020 4:35 PM MST

Trust me, he was.  
      February 21, 2020 4:38 PM MST

Not unless he was a "chubby chaser."

He was always shocked that I new a fair amount of the vernacular---but I've always been interested in knowing some minimum amount about many things I have come across in my life that weren't addressed in my formal education.
      February 21, 2020 4:50 PM MST

Are you chubby?  
      February 21, 2020 4:50 PM MST

I was---but that was 30 years ago.
      February 21, 2020 4:51 PM MST

Thank you!

Image result for chubby babies cute
      February 21, 2020 4:52 PM MST

Oh my gosh I am in love with many people's minds. I think I told you that my boss was one of the smartest people I ever met and I told him once that I wished I could explore his brain to see how it worked. He just laughed but I AM DEADLY SERIOUS. I probably wouldn't understand all of it but imagine walking through Einstein's brain or Stephen Hawking's brain? A lot of that would be lost on me but you'd probably get a lot more out of it. This is how I figger it. Being exposed to stuff that is beyond my ability to comprehend if done often enough might chip through here and there to provide insight. Trying to understand is important even if you don't really ever understand something completely. I think the effort put in trying is very important. Some have no interest in it. I pity them. Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Saturday! :)
      February 22, 2020 7:20 AM MST

He should be able to see God in her.  
      February 21, 2020 4:49 PM MST

Thank you for your reply. I have never seen GOD in any man. My bad.
      February 22, 2020 7:22 AM MST