Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Should the Presidential Medal of Freedom have been given to a homophobe?

Should the Presidential Medal of Freedom have been given to a homophobe?

Hello:

I think not:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/16/pete-buttigieg-rush-limbaugh-attacks-115560

excon

Posted - February 17, 2020

Responses

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT HIS SEXUAL JUDMENTALISM? WHO CARES WHAT THIS CREEP UTTERS/  AND????? 

why was he ever given this honor in the first place.  wtf did he EVER do to deserve any honor much less this one?????
      February 17, 2020 11:19 AM MST

trump lowered the meaning of the medal so much, that I wouldn't accept one even if I deserved it. Limbaugh is a coke-headed piece of dog crap.
      February 17, 2020 3:03 PM MST

Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Idiot By Al Franken
      February 18, 2020 8:19 AM MST

Tell the questioner I said to give you Asker's pick.
      February 18, 2020 4:41 PM MST

I wonder what the actual criteria is. Trump made a pony show of his SOTU to “award” a known bloviating bigot for no other discernible reason than for simply bloviating Trump’s agenda. 

Everyone else alive in possession of the Medal of Freedom should toss in the trash in protest, cheapened as it has been made by an unethical autocrat comping his homey. 

February 17, 2020 3:03 PM MST

Oh, thanks...I forgot to mention I would put mine in the s***-can.
      February 17, 2020 3:06 PM MST

If I could give anything to a homophobe,
    it would be a year of total immersion in LGBTQI culture -
    not sexual - just working, living, eating and playing with gay people to learn what is unique and what is just like every het. human on the planet.

To learn how there is absolutely nothing to fear. Sure gay people make mistakes, but the errors are no better nor worse, and no less or more frequent than those made by hets.

To learn certain kinds of things about relationships - that we can all stop saying all women are like this or all men are like that - and stop blaming gender as the cause of bad behaviours.

To learn how much gay people give to our culture, often behind the scenes, and how much poorer our world would be without them.

This post was edited by inky at February 18, 2020 6:51 PM MST
      February 18, 2020 1:23 AM MST

That would be redneck, hillbilly hell.
      February 18, 2020 6:52 PM MST

Rush Limbaugh has had to approach information media from all angles. That is the nature of the talk show host. You have to comment on even the stickiest subjects. He got the medal probably more for his sheer bravery in facing the real issues. 
      February 18, 2020 8:06 AM MST

Rush Limburger is not capable of uttering one coherent sentence.  If he is allowed a medal of FREEDOM then give one to Howard Stern and Alex Jones.  They are just as stupid and destructive.  Alex is more like it.  He is as insane with his ramblings as Rush and TRUMP combined.

He should get the PULIZER/NOBEL/TRUMP award.  Soon to be created after he wins next time.  Life is sick and even having to define something like Rush Limbaugh is like making the President of the UNITED STATES, someone like Donald Trump.   A pimp who delights in tarnishing any medal or honor.  Honors that he KNOWS he could never earn in any Administration but his.  So, he pardons people who have crimes like his; he awards people who are as slimiy; and he awards those ON FOX NEWS that act like Kelley Ann Conway and defend him to the skies above.  

That's what we have in office.  That's what awarded Rush  an AWARD.

IMAGINE any other President praising a Rush Limbaugh or even mentioning anything to do with FOX NEWS.  GOD.

Rish Limbaugh also has another thing besides this award.  He has a book written about hmi.

Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Idiot By Al Franken This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 18, 2020 8:18 AM MST
      February 18, 2020 8:13 AM MST

He sounds like the equivalent of our radio shock-jocks, Alan Jones, John Lawson and others. As soon as one of them grows old enough to retire, another younger takes his place. Strangely, they are always men. That might be a choice on the part of the radio boss, Rupert Murdoch. He's the media magnate who left Australia to become a US citizen and who owns newspapers and TV and radio stations all over the English-speaking world. 
    They belong to the conservative media and act as combination entertainers, stirrers and guidance for conservative thinking about polemic situations. They are brilliant at rhetoric, persuasion, pithy quips, ridicule of the opposition, and seeding ideas that support capitalism, xenophobia, bias against difference, guns and the lifestyles that require them. People like them will always exist. 
    For the liberal thinker, they have one value; helping to understand what the opposition thinks in response to new issues. Occasionally they even drop hints as to why.

This post was edited by inky at February 18, 2020 4:19 PM MST
      February 18, 2020 1:04 PM MST

He is worse than scum.  He is dying of cancer.  He is dying think he earned something he has made ultimately worthless, just like his stupid brain and his moron life.  
      February 18, 2020 3:12 PM MST

Your article does not quote anything homophobic by Rush.  Rush said it will likely be an issue if Pete gets the nomination.   Do you believe it will not be an issue for any voters in the US? 

Rush got the award for the millions he raises for cancer charities.
      February 18, 2020 8:38 AM MST

He got the award because he kisses TRUMP'S A$$.  And you know it.  He is a destructive MORON.  The only thing he has freed, is the spending of MONEY on behalf of the anuses who control the costs to have cancer.  It bankrupts you.  But Rush doesn't know or care.  He gives his money to the MONEY.   Do you know of any person who has cancer who was helped by Rush Limbaughs generous charity raising?  

This shill is as valid as Trump's charities. I am SURE POSITIVE AND WOULD BET MY LIFE THAT THIS PIG THIS FAT FREAKING PIG IN FACT, DID a lot of horrible crimes regarding this money and the millions he raised.  There's no telling where the money goes when Trump won't even show his income tax returns.  Who believes anyone he thinks he admires.  Limbaugh supports Trump.  Arpaio supports Trump and that scum Roger Stone supports Trump.  Who is above the law.  They are MADE men, just like the MAFIA. THEY support Trump, they commit crimes, they are above the law.  

HOW DO YOU SLEEP?  HOW???? ARE YOU REALLY THINKING WHEN YOU DEFEND THIS?  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 18, 2020 8:48 AM MST
      February 18, 2020 8:46 AM MST

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society....anyone helped by this group was helped by Rush Limbaugh as of 2015 Rush raised $44Million for L&LS it has been 4 more years to add to that total. Likely over $60Mill now.

I personally do not know anyone who has/had those cancers. 
      February 18, 2020 8:56 AM MST

ok.  You really cannot win this one, My 2.  Because?  Limbaugh is a crook and a shill.  It is known.  Therefore, he used this "charity" idea to hide something else.  Do you want me to unearth crap regarding ALEX JONES' twin?  

If the charity money was "funneled" correctly, it still would be like awarding Jeffrey Epstein the same honor.  He probably will.  To exonorate Jeff.  Because someone will come up with dirt on Trump and Jeff. That is how these creeps operate.  So, I'll be happy to dig up dirt if you want.  There is plenty.  I don't know about how clean his charity donations are.  He does not deserve any awards.  He, like Trump, deserve prison.  
      February 18, 2020 9:02 AM MST

Do what you want.....I not a big Rush fan myself.  But he has raised millions....and that is why he got the reward. 

Rush does not compare to Epstein. 
      February 18, 2020 9:23 AM MST

No one compares to Epstein, but that did not STOP DONALD TRUMP from hanging with him and screwing underage girls.  
      February 18, 2020 1:46 PM MST

• Simply put, the man has done more in his lifetime to benefit mankind than the rest of us will accomplish if we live to be 100. As a matter of fact, we,(on this site) are what he warned his listeners about for thirty years: Insidious intolerance.
      February 18, 2020 9:35 AM MST

I am glad you prefaced this with SIMPLY put.  It defines you and this answer, which is a lot of clap trap.  TOTAL insanity.  This jerk could help society by jumping off a bridge and donating his zillions to help rid the country of all the ills he and TRUMP committed.  

The fat old white men rapists, cons and liars.  That is what he contributed.  STOP lying.  ANY money he spent on charity, covers his tax exempt status.  That's all he cares about.  He is a con and you fall for it.  
      February 18, 2020 1:49 PM MST

Rush is not tax exempt.....
      February 18, 2020 2:08 PM MST

That's why he has the charities.  DUH.  
      February 18, 2020 4:42 PM MST