Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Get any comforting news latley?

Get any comforting news latley?

Yesterday I was told that our 5 year old Granddaughter completed her first week of Karate classes and her Sensei says she shows good potential. I find it pretty comforting thinking she will be able to take care of her self when she gets older. Cheers!

Posted - February 18, 2020

Responses

Namaste :) :)
    That is comforting news. Congratulations to her.  It's also great her parents gave her the opportunity to learn as a child.

I wish I had learned when I was young.  I am tempted to try it now not for necessarily for self preservation but for the discipline.

Very Cool Nanoose!
      February 19, 2020 10:09 AM MST

Ya its way neat - she showed me her karate move - stance - punch - stance  it looked pretty adorable but I could also see that in the future if a teenage boy tries to take advantage of her he will be running home for his mommy. Cheers!
      February 19, 2020 11:16 AM MST

No but I could sure use some right about now.
    Actually, hearing about your grandchild made me smile.  That was comforting.
    :) :)
      February 19, 2020 10:10 AM MST

My eldest great-niece is taking karate.  She's going to be 10, so she's more advanced, but when I watch the videos her parents post and I see her do the high kicks, the lunges, the backflips - I realize that she is amazingly agile.  Glad your granddaughter is learning to take care of herself.  Very important.
      February 19, 2020 12:45 PM MST

Her parents also have her in dance class so maybe someday our Granddaughter will be a Ballerina/Ninja/School teacher (she wants to grow up to be a teacher like her mother). Cheers!
      February 19, 2020 12:52 PM MST

I hope she does well in both classes and in school.  We need good teachers. :)
      February 19, 2020 1:00 PM MST