Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How many times has someone said "will you be my valentine?" How many times nave YOU said it to someone?

How many times has someone said "will you be my valentine?" How many times nave YOU said it to someone?

Posted - February 19, 2020

Responses

Never. 
      February 19, 2020 4:29 AM MST

Same here m2c. I've given them and received them but I have never heard those words directed at me nor said them. In movies maybe? SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      February 20, 2020 2:32 AM MST

Never to both.
      February 19, 2020 5:48 PM MST

Ditto E. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      February 20, 2020 2:33 AM MST

A few times for both and once I sent a girl a card that said - I choo choo chooooooose you plus the card had a picture of a train on it. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at February 20, 2020 3:17 AM MST
      February 19, 2020 5:59 PM MST

Really Nanoose? That is so AWESOME! Thank you for your reply m'dear and Happy Thursday to you! :)
      February 20, 2020 2:34 AM MST

Perhaps this song will illuminate the situation....

February 19, 2020 7:04 PM MST

Thank you for your reply SP and the video. I think once upon a time I saw it in the movies. :)
      February 20, 2020 2:35 AM MST

Hi Rosie~ :) :)  I know I'm four days late... but this way no one else will ask.
    "Will you be my Valentine?"
    If you would 
    it would be divine.
    We could sit and chat and have some wine.
    I'm sure we would have a wonderful time.

What do you think?
    Will you be
    mine?

It's been a long while since we've seen each other and it always puts a smile on my face when we do.
    :) :)

I hope all is well.  Hugs and Loves!!

February 20, 2020 3:26 AM MST

Never ever to either that I can remember Rosie.....it's a waste of money and quite meaningless 
      February 20, 2020 5:53 AM MST

Every adult I know thinks the same way. Why do peeps spend so much money on it?
      February 20, 2020 5:59 AM MST

Perhaps for some, it is the only time they can convince their partner to step out of a routine.  Sad but true.
    For others, it might be a great reason to get laid.
    For some couples it might be the only time they spice up their romantic life.
    For some nervous cats, it is the only time they can find an excuse to take a relationship a step further.
    For all florists and restaurants (let's not forget the wine) it is huge financial gain and helps their businesses publicity.
    Those are a few reasons I think people might spend money on it and gains of the holiday.
    Then again, those are all the reasons we normally don't do anything on Valentine's Day.
     We aren't into crowds and inflated prices.

There are exceptions to our rule and this year was one of them.  I DID book a romantic weekend at a hotel.  The key word is "Hotel."  We didn't leave it.  I ordered take-out and we had room service.  Don needed a break from this job and Valentine's Day opened the perfect door.  We still didn't deal with the crowds.

This post was edited by Merlin at February 20, 2020 5:57 PM MST
      February 20, 2020 9:59 AM MST

Not since we were forced to, in elementary school.

I'm sure that's some form of abuse ... forcing kids to give Valentine's Day cards to everyone in the class.

Of course, I also think forcing you child to hug someone (when the child doesn't want to) is a form of physical/sexual abuse.

Hmpf!
      February 20, 2020 12:01 PM MST