Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The sad truth? Being a superb debater is no guarantee that he/she will be even an adequate president. What good are debates?

The sad truth? Being a superb debater is no guarantee that he/she will be even an adequate president. What good are debates?

Folks who debate tell you what you want to hear. Why would they not? In other words they shade things and massage them and manipulate them and pretzelize them to please you. Then later they do whatever they dam* well want to do it and may/will have zero to do with what they promised you to hook you. Once hooked are you stuck or can you wiggle off the hook and escape? Or are you stuck and no matter how evil awful he/she is you will die defending him/her from all criticism. Because you cannot admit you screwed up bigly so you will continue your defense of the indefensible.

Posted - February 19, 2020

Responses

That's why I don't listen to the campaign debates.
    I'm like Missouri ... Show Me.  
    What's their past behavior?
    Politicians aren't exempt from the oft-used phrase "a leopard can't change his spots".

February 19, 2020 7:32 AM MST

Ditto kiddo! Just like I'm a HANDS ON BUYER. Skip the sales pitch. Let me alone to figger it out all on my own by researching checking out investigating comparing whatevering. Anyone who tries to sell you anything is gonna skew it. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 19, 2020 7:42 AM MST