Active Now

Thebigd
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly Bernie Sanders is a millionaire having a net worth of $2.5 million. Now that's being RICH to me. What is RICH to thee? Are you?

Allegedly Bernie Sanders is a millionaire having a net worth of $2.5 million. Now that's being RICH to me. What is RICH to thee? Are you?

Whether it's $2.5 million or $60 billion it's all the same to me. Seriously.

Geez we'd be happy thrilled delighted if we were "worth" $500,000! That's rich and we aren't. So having millionaires attack billionaires for buying an election is hard to swallow by us poor folk. You can understand why right?

Posted - February 19, 2020

Responses

They are all millionaires except Pete. (Mayor Lil Gulp is billionaire of course) This post was edited by my2cents at February 21, 2020 11:11 AM MST
      February 19, 2020 6:55 AM MST

Bernie's wife gets a 10-15% cut of all marketing buys. It is legal her company does the marketing buys and is entitled to a cut of the marketing sales.

If Bernie gets the nomination, Bernie may get up to the $9-12 Million Elizabeth Warren has.   This post was edited by my2cents at February 19, 2020 5:44 PM MST
      February 19, 2020 7:05 AM MST

I guess it depends on where you live, due to the cost of living.

I mean, $1million would be wealthy around here.
    But I imagine in NYC, $1million would be middle-class.

That's why people can sell modest homes in (say) Los Angeles - and buy a mansion in Washington.
    (well, in most of the state)
      February 19, 2020 7:26 AM MST

Very true. California is very expensive. We rent in a very modest inland empire area. One son moved to Nevada where it is much cheaper than California. The other son lives in Honolulu and teaches at the university there. The son who passed away last year moved from Oregon to Arizona where I think it was cheaper. We love California and due to a kind landlord who has only raised the rent $100/month in TWELVE YEARS we are staying here. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      February 19, 2020 7:45 AM MST

Wealthy? We have enough to live comfortably without having to work if we wish not to. Our money will outlive us. This post was edited by Element 99 at February 20, 2020 1:31 PM MST
      February 19, 2020 5:46 PM MST

I am happy to hear that E. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 20, 2020 5:08 AM MST

Isn't better to have your money outlive you?
      February 20, 2020 10:14 AM MST

Oops. Thanks for catching that.
      February 20, 2020 1:30 PM MST

I am very wealthy and rich with love, laughter, and happiness.

As far as money in the bank and my pocket, we work very hard for that money and have very few priviledges.

Rich to me is being able to buy a 24 million dollars house, simply for a party pad and have 6 more like them in various parts of the world.
    Rich to me is being able to do anything, on any level, at any time you would like, give to many charities you wish, lavish your family and friends in all their desires, clean the oceans and keep them clean, and the air, too, and have enough money to give the homeless a home to live in.

Rich to me is to have enough money to share with everyone and still have tons of money left over for you to do as you desire.

February 20, 2020 10:21 AM MST

Give it up.

GOD.

You sound like Megan McCain.  Is that what you have against BERNIE SANDERS?  He made money in his life?  

That is NOT a reason.  You are grasping at straws for NO reason at all.  You just want to be right.

What people do with their wealth. How they GOT their wealth and why Bernie Sanders is not Michael Bloomberg should have been KNOWN by you already.  

The fact that you don't know the difference, makes me wonder why you are so attached to Bloomberg.  I am not trying to attack you.  But, you spent two freaking MONTHS taking over the queue with how much OLD WHITE MEN have to go.  And now this?  WHY?   Bernie is the only choice.  

Bloomberg BOMBED in Nevada.   It is still early.  Instead of addressing the STOP AND FRISK damagie he did as mayor?  He did not know how to deal with it.  He couldn't handle Warren.  He BOMBED.    Joe Biden bragged how he would beat Trump?  He is half asleep.  Bloomberg is not going to get elected by SAYING what he thinks people want.  He has to walk the walk and he doesn't.  He's too rich to care. 
      February 20, 2020 10:34 AM MST