Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If Bernie doesn't take it on the first vote then we go to a BROKERED CONVENTION. Are you up for that possibility?

If Bernie doesn't take it on the first vote then we go to a BROKERED CONVENTION. Are you up for that possibility?

I've heard the term but wasn't sure what it meant so I Googled it. It means the folks voting can't agree on whom to nominate and so the first vote is meaningless. Then the pledged delegates are released from the pledges and folks start making deals..trading votes..for I expect big considerations. Quid pro quo don't ya know? It's a less conclusive and very fraught with concessions and deal making way ta go. I guess in politics a lot rides on quid pro quo all the time don't it though?

So d'ya think the BERN will ride the wave to a first vote conclusive nomination? Or will bedlam ensue and will there be fights figuratively and perhaps literally? Bloody but unbowed? I dunno. We'll see what happens. Everyone says so. That I can tell you.

Posted - February 20, 2020

Responses

Super Delegates also allowed to vote after 1 round. 

If some candidates do not drop out if will come down to how many delegates Bernie has. If enough Bernie will be nominee. If not I think they will give it to Bloomberg. Regardless of who has the most. 
      February 20, 2020 7:32 AM MST

Didn't I read somewhere that super delegates were going to be eliminated m2c? I'm pretty sure I did though I cannot specify when or where. Anyway what we could stand to watch last we did and then we just had to bail. It was disgusting. Thank you for your reply. I'm gonna Google superdelegates and see.
      February 20, 2020 7:41 AM MST

They did not get rid of them. They just cannot vote in the first round.
      February 20, 2020 7:42 AM MST

They CAN vote in the first round if the outcome is obvious inevitable. If not they can't. This post was edited by RosieG at February 20, 2020 8:11 AM MST
      February 20, 2020 8:06 AM MST

They changed it again then.

Oh that is bad. I would not want to be anywhere near that place if it comes to it. 
      February 20, 2020 8:13 AM MST

My thoughts exactly. I guess Bernie did well. I couldn't tell. All I saw/heard was babies bickering. Supposedly his performance is bringing in more contributions. Whatever. Thank you for your reply m2c! :)
      February 20, 2020 8:27 AM MST

I am actually watching it now....so far I say Warren had best night. 
      February 20, 2020 9:40 AM MST

She was definitely on the attack. Not my favorite move for any pol m2c but I guess she figgers it's now or never. I just get my hackles up when people attack one another. As if doing that is the only way they can rise above the crowd and win. Maybe it is but it sure ain't for me. Thank you for your reply. For once we're on the same side politically. I think all the dem potentials are lacking way big. SIGH. Now what coach? Punt? Thank you for your input. It's helpful to get a view from "the other side" though you know I'm just floating around looking for a candidate I can get behind and support without chucking up. AARRGGHH! :( This post was edited by RosieG at February 20, 2020 9:48 AM MST
      February 20, 2020 9:47 AM MST

I'm not worried.  

Bernie is going to win.  I find it curious.  You are so worried about Trump and you find Bernie to be the bad guy?  

Bernie is our ONLY hope.  Not Bloomberg and definitely NOT Buttigieg.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 20, 2020 9:59 AM MST
      February 20, 2020 9:49 AM MST

WELL, what is stupider?  Bloomberg buying his way into the debate?  Or a brokered election? 
      February 20, 2020 1:17 PM MST