Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Lemme get this straight. At the age of 82 Bernie is gonna take away my Medicare and Kaiser Supplemental Insuramce I've had since I was 65?

Lemme get this straight. At the age of 82 Bernie is gonna take away my Medicare and Kaiser Supplemental Insuramce I've had since I was 65?

And replace it with his grand plan? What will my coverage be compared to what it is now. What doctors will I have and where? Where do I GET to choose anything? Where does he get off thinking this will make me happy?

Posted - February 25, 2020

Responses

Yep. 
      February 25, 2020 12:15 PM MST

Hello Rosie:

Here's the straight dope...  He WILL take away your Medicare and Kaiser and replace them with a BETTER plan..  It'll cover you for EVERYTHING with NO deductible and NO co-pay..  Neither Medicare or Kaiser do that.  Bernie's plan will. 

excon
      February 25, 2020 12:29 PM MST

Jury is out on if a better plan. 

But there will be taxes. 

I have not been able to find anything on this maybe you know. People on SS and Medicare have a deduction from their SS check for Medicare. Will that $100+ stop being deducted? Or continue to be deducted as it has in the past but called a Payroll tax instead of a premium? 
      February 25, 2020 12:38 PM MST

Where is Trump's Republican healthcare plan he promised???

This post was edited by Jon at February 25, 2020 12:41 PM MST
      February 25, 2020 12:39 PM MST

Hello again, my:

New taxes????  Not, if he endorses MY plan..  My plan will cover EVERYBODY for EVERYTHING, with enough money left over to buy a couple of aircraft carriers..

Let's be clear..  There's DOZENS of plans out there and it depends on which one they choose to enact, if any..  Some will have taxes and some will not..  Mine won't..

excon This post was edited by excon at February 25, 2020 12:47 PM MST
      February 25, 2020 12:44 PM MST

Again No one is running on your plan.  So I am talking about Bernie's plan. 
    Yes Bernie is raising taxes. A family of 4 making $29,000 will see a income tax increase. There is also payroll taxes which will be deducted from everyone's paycheck. His taxes will not pay for it.   What that will mean for coverage? Rashining? Pain pill instead of coverage? IDK. 
      February 25, 2020 8:30 PM MST

How my friend? Where will the money come from to do that? My Kaiser doctors SAVED MY LIFE in 2008. Do I have to give them up to save money? They KNOW me. Am I to be assigned brand new health provider who will obey whatever the new plan dictates? I LOVE ALL MY DOCTORS. Who are the new ones who will replace them? You know saving money isn't that important to me if I have to give up what I WANT. You know I'm not rich or almost or nearly or kinda sorta. But I have to give up what has worked for me and saved my life to suit a political plan of some strange man that bazillions have faith in? Why don't I count?  I am perplexed puzzled befuddled and mad as he** and angry as well as ticked off and scared. The bernie is an avalanche that is acellerating because he has lotsa folks who think he is swell. I dunno excon. I trust you not to lie to me but since saving money is not my carrot WHAT"S IN IT FOR ME? WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT THAT I WANT? Inquiring minds wanna know and my mind is the most inquiring you will ever encounter. So I await your response and hope you can make me feel better because right now I'm share sh**less. Thanks. Happy Tuesday. This post was edited by RosieG at February 25, 2020 12:49 PM MST
      February 25, 2020 12:47 PM MST

Hello again, Rosie:

Where will the money come from??  Lemme count the ways.. 

First off, I will do away with the health insurance industry, where the CEO's make MILLIONS..  I'll do away with private pharmaceutical companies, where they make BILLIONS..  I'll set caps on doctors wages..  The health industry will NOT be a place to get rich anymore.  I'll do away with the private medical equipment industry, where they make BILLIONS...   I'll stop the ER from treating the poor..  The poor will HAVE doctors.. Do you know how many BILLIONS will be saved IF the ER acted like an ER???   I'll do away with humongous cost of medical malpractice insurance.. I'll do away with the humongous cost of medical school..

Since the ONLY thing the government will do is write checks, we can do that with a couple hundred people, saving us many more BILLIONS.  Since the the governments ONLY job is to write checks - NOT to stop you from getting treatment, you'll be able see ANY doctor ANYWHERE, and get treatment at ANY hospital.

If we just did that, we'd be able to take care of EVERYBODY, and have money left over for a few aircraft carriers..

Easy peasy.
    excon
    This post was edited by excon at February 25, 2020 1:16 PM MST
      February 25, 2020 1:05 PM MST

Did we not just go through this? 
    On the other thread? That does not cover it. 
      February 25, 2020 8:33 PM MST

Hello again, my:

We did..  But, apparently Rosie didn't read it.

excon
      February 26, 2020 8:57 AM MST

But I think she did. :) Hence the main question. 
      February 26, 2020 9:14 AM MST

Rosie dear, let me enlighten you on the National Health service that every developed (and some developing) nations EXCEPT THE US has.
    My mother was saved (temporarily) by chemo and radiation therapy that cost her zip. Yes, she had to share a room in the oncology ward with another female patient. Yes, she had to be treated by the doctor on duty rather than her choice. Saved her life - for free, the taxes that she had been paying all her life (and consumption tax she was still paying up until the day she died) covered it.
    I suffered an horrific hand injury a month ago. Spent four days in hospital having my thumb rebuilt. Hospital bill = $0.
    That's what you get. None of this bs "death list" that Trumpicans were accusing Obama of (m'dear, I'm surprised at you, sounding like one of His Royal Orangeness's minions! Is this the real Rosie or a sockpuppet for m2c?). It's universal healthcare - don't let the media (who have vested interests) scare you like that.
      February 26, 2020 3:16 AM MST

According to Bernie, his plan will cover everything - premiums, deductibles, co-pays, doctor and hospital visits, medicine, etc.  There will be a tax hike on the middle class, but the tax supposedly will not equal what you are now paying for all those items.  Color me skeptical.
      February 25, 2020 12:57 PM MST

What planet are you on?  

Bernie is taking NOTHING away.  You are suffering from FEAR.  

You love Mike Bloomberg and cling to the lies of Pete Buttiegieg and deplore a man that is going to make your life easier.  The way it is supposed to be.  Medicare for ALL.

Remember when YOU WERE ON THE BANDWAGON for Alexia Occassio Cortez?  (spelling?) Well, she explained in detail how this works and why she supports him. 

If you are not on board?  You may  as well be Susan Collins.  
      February 25, 2020 5:58 PM MST