Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What is this fabulous healthcare package Trump promised to replace Obamacare with?

What is this fabulous healthcare package Trump promised to replace Obamacare with?

Bernie Sanders is the only one who has a plan. I don't think it's unfair to say that Trump is a lying gasbag. 

Posted - February 25, 2020

Responses

Donald Trump lies?

Well, knock me over with a feather!....
      February 25, 2020 10:56 PM MST

LOL
    I'm sure you can handle yourself just fine, SaltyPebble

February 26, 2020 12:16 PM MST

And he's orange.

Trump Insists Real Photo Revealing His Fake Tan Is Fake

One of the agency photos taken around the same moment, but from a different angle, revealing the same distinct contrast between pale and orange. Photo: Al Drago/Bloomberg via Getty Images

Last night, an especially grotesque photo of President Trump began to circulate online. The image, taken by photographer and apparent Trump enthusiast William Moon, showed the sunset-lit president with the wind sweeping his hair back, revealing an especially striking contrast between whatever fake tan or coloration he uses and the ghostly pallor of the skin bordering his hair:

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 26, 2020 7:14 PM MST
      February 26, 2020 2:51 PM MST

The man is a complete fraud at every level and in every example. 
      February 26, 2020 5:14 PM MST

I am delighted that this clown said this was photoshopped. He's a joke
      February 26, 2020 10:24 PM MST

Makes one wonder.
    Where did all “the best people” go? Why aren’t we “raking the forests”? 
    Which is the real “Chinese hoax”: climate change or the Corona virus? 
    When was America “Great” the last time? 
    Why does a “stable genius” need ego-nourishing rallies, to campaign for a job he already has? Because Fox News “isn’t working for us anymore?“
    16,742 lies in 3 years? Oh, right fake news. “Don’t believe what you see”. 

February 26, 2020 4:27 AM MST

"Stable genius" is another Trumpian misspelling,  His Royal Orangeness is famous for them. Must be due to his diet of hamberders and covfefe.

He's a stable genus. A stable is precisely where you would expect to find a horse's a$$.
      February 26, 2020 4:33 AM MST

Don, it's all about "policy"; the policy of deception and avaricious behavior
      February 26, 2020 11:53 AM MST

...all in the cause of Trump, promoting himself and his brand, to the exclusion or detriment of most everything else. 
      February 26, 2020 2:46 PM MST

All the candidates have plans. The question is whether they can garner enough bipartisan support to implement them.
      February 26, 2020 5:29 AM MST

• I agree with this.  And if it's radical reform I'd say the odds are that there's no way it gets implemented in an 8 year cycle. For the House and Senate to pass a plan like Sanders is proposing is going to need to be solid solid blue and that's just not happening anytime soon. 
      February 26, 2020 6:55 AM MST

I agree with that comment as well.  The one constant here is that they are ALL talking about healthcare and that is something the current regime is sorely remiss in doing except for making empty shallow promises.

Whoever manages to unseat Trump will be an improvement. If they are earnest and sincere with a practical agenda, the voters will be will provide the support by voting in enough of the senate and congress to help push along the president's proposed policies. Checks and balances can weigh in favor of a president who is doing his job properly.
      February 26, 2020 12:20 PM MST

trump is a big liar.  tell the base.  
      February 26, 2020 2:50 PM MST

We don't need to make a big change in health insurance; only 11 out of 350 people are uninsured............and lots of them want it that way.  Many wealthy people self insure and many large families self insure.  I'm sick of the health insurance conversation.  Those who want it can buy it and those who don't OK.  The poor have Medicaid.  

Next subject?
      February 26, 2020 6:14 PM MST

Umm, no. I don't know where you got your figure, but as of 2018 about 8.5% of Americans were without health insurance (or 27 MILLION people).

So, unless there was some spectacular turnaround where 16 million more Americans managed to get coverage in the past 2 years (your figure translates to 11 million people), you are most likely empirically incorrect.

Beyond that, you are...I'm not sure what the phrase is..."philosophically wrong" maybe. 

You seem to be OK with socializing health care costs via insurance pools. If so, then you HAVE TO force people into them. You CANNOT have a health insurance pool that only has sick people in it, anymore than you can have a car insurance pool that only has bad drivers in it.

Nor can you let insurance companies pick and choose who they cover, because they will cherry-pick the young, healthy, and lucky, and tell the remainder to go [bleep] themselves.

So, unless you ALSO want a MASSIVE expansion of Medicaid to pick up the people private insurers won't cover (and I'd be OK with that. I was on Medicaid for 3 years. It was great), you are basically back to "I've upped mine (have health insurance)...now UP YOURS!"

And if you ARE OK with the massive expansion of Medicaid, why not just expand it to include everyone? Why not include all of those young/healthy/lucky people in the Medicaid pool as well?

February 26, 2020 6:26 PM MST

• How do you know what Bernie's plan is when Bernie doesn't know?  He hasn't presented an electable plan.
      February 26, 2020 7:09 PM MST

He's presented a plan. What's Donald's plan? He's been saying he will repeal and replace Obamacare for over 3 years. 
    Oh...that's right. That fat failure is incapable of getting the job done. 

February 26, 2020 10:23 PM MST