Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » ULTIMATUM! If my choice is not the political party choice for prez I WILL NOT VOTE! How is that not EXTORTION ?

ULTIMATUM! If my choice is not the political party choice for prez I WILL NOT VOTE! How is that not EXTORTION ?

Posted - February 26, 2020

Responses

If it were me I would either vote for a third party or leave that space on the ballot blank, but the voters Rosie's talking about are people who voted in a primary but not in the general election so they already exercised their right to vote.  If they're sitting out a general election for that reason then they're basically peacefully protesting.  I wouldn't do it that way but I don't have a problem with people who choose that.

Rosie's question doesn't address how highly informed the voters are that she's asking about so it wasn't something I was thinking about when I answered this question.   I don't think a truly uninformed voter has a one-in-two chance of making an intelligent decision.  It's more like they're incapable of making an intelligent decision in the first place if they go to vote.
      February 29, 2020 12:19 AM MST

Good comment.

Personally, I don't have much admiration or esteem who look at rights as a way to avoid responsibilities rather than to undertake and exercise them.

If one doesn't get what one prefers, why give away everything to the enemy as a means of "protesting?"---If one is not part of the solution, then by default one is part of the problem.
      March 1, 2020 3:40 PM MST

Gee. Where is all this coming from? More Anti-Bernie smears?

I'd vote for anyone. ANYONE other than trump (except Bloomberg).  Bloomberg has always been a republican and he is no better or worse than that fat, lying pig some call "President" This post was edited by Jon at February 28, 2020 2:26 AM MST
      February 26, 2020 11:46 AM MST

The objective is to defeat Trump. To do that, the Democrats need to nominate a reasonable candidate who can be elected, like Bloomberg or Biden, not one who is guaranteed to lose, like Sanders.
      February 26, 2020 11:59 AM MST

Bloomberg will never be elected and I will not vote for him. He is not viable and like me, many aren't blinded and wooed by his attempts to buy the election.  In the recent debate, he admitted that be bought 20 congressman.
      February 26, 2020 1:12 PM MST

OK. If you want four more years of Trump, go ahead and nominate Bernie. Trump will win in a landslide.
      February 26, 2020 1:38 PM MST

You underestimate the power of Sanders movement. 
    I will never vote for Bloomberg. Why should I? He and Trump; Same-o, Same-o

Bernie is the only candidate Trump fears and with good reason.

February 26, 2020 2:44 PM MST

No. You overestimate it. He is not happening.
      February 26, 2020 2:48 PM MST

:):):)
      February 27, 2020 7:58 AM MST

February 27, 2020 5:59 AM MST

To me, that's more like suicide than extortion

Reminds me of a time when I was at a restaurant when an older woman was told by the waiter that they had run out of the vegetable that was to be served with the evening special dinner---

Her reaction?---Well, then I just won't eat anything" (she said indignantly, and then sat there while the other 3 people at the table enjoyed the dinners they ordered).

Of course, if one thinks that principles are just fluff, one might consider her reactions to be "spot on." This post was edited by tom jackson at February 28, 2020 3:29 AM MST
      February 26, 2020 12:28 PM MST

That too tom. That too. I'm going to ask a question about ripples. If it appeals to you maybe you might respond to it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      February 28, 2020 3:30 AM MST

Bernie is going to be the next President.  

February 26, 2020 2:49 PM MST

In your dreams. If he's the nominee, Trump wins in a landslide.
      February 26, 2020 5:43 PM MST

February 27, 2020 7:58 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

Extortion is when I COMPEL you to do something, or I'll do BAD things to you..

Voting for whom you choose, or NOT voting for whom you DON'T choose, has NOTHING whatsoever to do with any other living being on this planet.

excon
      February 27, 2020 8:54 AM MST