Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Pols can be charged with MALFEASANCE. Why not voters? Specificially the ones who voted in dumb don? Derelection of duty as a citizen?

Pols can be charged with MALFEASANCE. Why not voters? Specificially the ones who voted in dumb don? Derelection of duty as a citizen?

Why should they get off the hook?

Posted - February 28, 2020

Responses

The main problem is that votes are anonymous, so it would be impossible to determine who to charge.
    Well, without getting their fingerprints off the ballot.  Or their DNA from licking the envelope or stamp.

It would actually be easier to charge people who DIDN'T vote, but were eligible to do so.
    IMO, that is more along the lines of "dereliction of duty" than voting for the "wrong" person.

Of course, either way you would have to bring them before a jury.  Who would likely be made up of the same ratio as what the vote was.
    So that would make it difficult to get a conviction.
      February 28, 2020 1:42 PM MST

Thank you for taking the question seriously Walt. I appreciate it. So we've lost before we can begin. I agree that NOT VOTING is absolutely derelction of duty though when I advance it I get pounded. I think it's from those who DON"T VOTE of course to justify their indifference. SIGH. But you know I'm always out there pitching/trying. Here's the thing. Everyone knew what a viper dumb don was but they elected him anyway. Now we have massive proof/evidence he is corrupt vile selfish subservient to Putin and incompetent so to vote him in again means what exactly? Happy Saturday to you! :)
      February 29, 2020 2:45 AM MST

How about ... if you don't turn in a ballot, you don't get any government benefits?

Personally, I think there are some situations where we are denied the ability to vote, when we should have it.
    I'm talking about things like property taxes or school levies ... on property we own, but aren't a resident of the district.
    Seems that's some kind of "taxation without representation", right there.
      March 2, 2020 7:32 AM MST

You what Walt? You own property where you have no say about what goes on taxwise there?That never occurred to me. We rent so there's no way I'd know about owning property elsewhere say in a different state. Jim's best friend owed a home in Kansas that he sold a few months ago. That subject never came up. I think you are totally right though I don't know how that could be implemented. There could be lots of folks who own property where they don't live and can't vote. Maybe even millions. The logistics of it sounds nightmarish to me. It's a valid point for sure. That is definitely taxation without representation. Even if you said you lived in several homes and visited them yearly I think you can only have ONE LEGAL RESIDENCE. There SHOULD BE some kind of consideration for that. I wonder why I have never seen anyone else ever bring that up? Thank you for that new info and insight to some problems of property owners that we don't often or maybe never think about. Happy Monday Walt! :) And I like your first sentence too! Although can't you just hear the moaning and groaning and kvetching it would cause? AARRGGHH! This post was edited by RosieG at March 2, 2020 8:10 AM MST
      March 2, 2020 8:08 AM MST