Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Do you think this forum has a future with leaving out aspects of being social?

Do you think this forum has a future with leaving out aspects of being social?

Whenever I open answermug, I will find about 9 active members of 2,851 members. When I  post anything, I have to wait for a very long time to have any response, or none, especially, when I ask something, wich affords to be empathetic or write a little more than just a short sentence. I wonder, how long I have to wait this time. Last time, when I sort of complaint, I was educated about, that answermug is a question and answer site. Fine, I do not need this. If I have a question, I use my browser, and I get the answer immediately. Remember, how fun answerbag was?? I am not questioning the work or enthusiasm of the owner, administrator or moderators, I am question the entire concept as it is. I am very active in facebook and in fb Group Sites. It fits my sense of socializing, without it, I woud wither. 

Posted - February 28, 2020

Responses

Hi Mrs White hair....I can't stand religious or any political questions...no matter what the questions are about....Yes AB was a fun site ,but it also had a bit if a down side to..
    I tend to like the more humorous question...with a bit of seriousness thrown I at times....to much if the sane thing gets boring though I find...

I don't do face book ...it's getting to big and powerful.....people give away far to much personal information about themselves....What happens then when the State takes them over . ?  
    Big big brother is lurking still and just getting ready to pounce... :( 
      February 28, 2020 6:30 PM MST

• Thanks for your fast response, Nice Jugs. My life is an open book in the internet, though, and I fear no repercussions at all. I do also not respond to religion or politics, what I am fearing then?? Personal stuff I do with messenger, and with all my family members, wo are all in Germany and Europe, I work with WhatsApp, which is owned by fb, too. I am alone in the US now, and I rely on those kinds of communications. Not only that, my fb friends stood on my door, when my husband was dying, and my neighbors are all on fb, and they help me, when I need anything as a camper. O.K. I announced once, that i wanted to leave answermug, and I got a lot of posts from friends pleading to stay. What do I gain here?? Have answers from friends on this site, which are only 2 handfuls, who would reply...without a virtual hug or without reacting succsessfully to calm my sorrows or matters on hand.The world can only be functioning correctly, when we all care for each other   But I write already too much, which is not appreciated in this forum.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 28, 2020 8:36 PM MST
      February 28, 2020 6:50 PM MST

Write as much as you like Mrs W....  If I see you pop a question or answers ,I always check them out if I see them....

It seems in your case it seems ok.....people do put to much personal information on FB though I feel..
    If I were you,I'd still plod on here if and when you can or feel up to it....it's not like old AB ....but it's not so bad as quite a few of them are on here still...
    Strangly I do admire you for keeping up with it all....lol.... 
    I will miss you if you toddle of else where....lol. Xx
      February 28, 2020 8:45 PM MST

I am sometimes kind of dense and am not really sure what you are asking. I enjoy your presence here and am fascinated by your arduous journey from Germany to here. Many of us can be silly at times, but still have a serious side. I am not very eloquent and tend to keep my questions and answers short and to the point. Again...I really don't know how to answer this...but I would be sad if you left.
      February 28, 2020 7:50 PM MST

You can cut our the many of us can be silly Papa.....I'll have you know that my job here on the Mug...:) 
      February 28, 2020 8:48 PM MST

• I signed up last month, and have looked around, read and participated a few times in questions.  I noticed it was not particularly fast paced, and it seems the regular users are all familiar with each other. I guess that can be off putting for some. I am unable to be on here all the time, I have a very busy life, but I was looking for somewhere to just quietly blog about things, without worry of who is going to reply with nonsense at me. As this has been my experience on another website. I guess when it comes to being social, everyone has their own idea of what that is. Some like it fast, interactive, on the go all the time. Me I take my time, it seems my introversion is just as bad online as it is offline. But I do think there are many elements of being social through the answering of questions, it can often start other topics or understanding of others. I do not Facebook at all, due to the work I do, I like my privacy too much.  And anyone I might Facebook with, are people I see in  my offline world or have regular contact with, so that is enough for me. I think one thing to remember is, in order for things to be social, there needs to be participants, then it probably would not be a problem that this really is only about questions and answers...hence the name Answermug... Though I do like the blog feature and I am not concerned if no one reads, that is not why I am here.
      February 29, 2020 12:45 AM MST

I do empathise... but I think every site has its own ethos and this one has its - I have learned to accept it as it is.. and I like and value it for that without wanting it to be any different. 

I am quite a philosophical person, I like to discuss and debate.. so as far as I am concerned you are welcome to post away and hopefully that will bring me some nice juicy topics to reply to!

PS I've been away a good while.. I was doing a qualification and had to spend a lot of time away from here to make sure I didn't procrastinate.. I am back now so I look forward to seeing your posts 
      February 29, 2020 2:41 AM MST

• I was excited to see that you had returned.  Always enjoyed sharing time with you here.  It has been a while.  Hope life is good.  I'm not sure if we've communicated under this particular screen name of mine or not but once upon a time I was WingedWonder.  Now I'm just a Twinkle Dink.  LOL!  It's always good to see fave members come back.  Hope you hang around for a long time. 
      February 29, 2020 6:01 AM MST

Feel free ask what you want. How you want. As long as it is appropriate for the main areas (I cannot imagine you posting anything that would not be) 
    What do you mean you were "educated" about this being a q&a site?  
    If you post something that is not a question it is not that big a deal....it will likely be me moved to the statements category. But that is not considered being moderated or anything like that.  
    We are a small site. No where near the active members of FB etc. But we do care about our members. Please feel free to use the site to communicate the way you want. We do have a blog section if that is more your style. And of anyone is disrespectful please send me a link or use the report button (this goes to JA) 
      February 29, 2020 5:40 AM MST

I've been here a couple of years and I seriously doubt that all 2,851 members are active.  It's pretty much the same handful of people all the time.  Personally, I don't care for blogs, so the exceptionally long questions/answers aren't my cup of tea.  That being said, it shouldn't stop you from expressing yourself as you see fit.  If people are interested in what you post, they will respond.  
      February 29, 2020 9:06 AM MST