Active Now

Thebigd
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » When you were a kid and you didn’t want to eat your meals, did your mom yell at you about Ethiopia?

When you were a kid and you didn’t want to eat your meals, did your mom yell at you about Ethiopia?

Posted - March 14, 2020

Responses

Did the guilt make you eat then?
      March 16, 2020 4:46 AM MDT

Usually.
      March 16, 2020 9:05 AM MDT

No.  We had to put at least of bite of everything onto our plate.  If we appeared to be finished eating and there was something left on the plate my mother would reach over and tap our plate with her fork.  That was a signal that we were not finished.  That ended around the age of 12.
      March 15, 2020 3:20 PM MDT

The fork tap worked?
      March 16, 2020 4:46 AM MDT

Yes it worked while we were small.  Around junior high age, probably more like 10 we started complaining so she gave up.  She was teaching/disciplining.   That is the job of parents.  I'm sure I love some foods now because she made me try them........but NOT any kind of greens, hominy, pickled eggs, or pickled pig parts.  

My kids liked most everything.  They both preferred green vegetables other than green beans but green beans are one of my favorite foods on the planet.  We just don't all like the same stuff, thank goodness!
      March 16, 2020 8:37 PM MDT