Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What is wrong with Pelosi? She derailed the aid package for the people effected by this disease by adding this stuff?

What is wrong with Pelosi? She derailed the aid package for the people effected by this disease by adding this stuff?

She wants:

It imposes racial and gender pay equity provisions, diversity on corporate boards, increased use of minority-owned banks by federal offices, and a grab-bag of other diversity-themed requirements.

It increases the collective bargaining power for unions and cancels all the debt owed by the U.S. Postal Service to the U.S. Treasury.

For the global warming crowd there are increased fuel emission standards and required carbon offsets for airlines, plus tax credits for alternative energy programs.

For the kids there is a provision for student loan payment deferment, and for the education bureaucrats who overcharge them a $9.5 billion giveaway to colleges and universities.

It gives $100 million to juvenile justice programs, and suspends various aspects of enforcement of immigration laws

impose requirements on states for early voting, voting by mail, required mailing of absentee ballots to everyone, ballot harvesting (i.e., having third parties deliver absentee ballots), online voter registration, same-day registration and other practices which undermine confidence in the integrity of the ballot.

Probably more than these as well.   

How does she think this helps Dems in Nov?  
Workers need help now. If she wants this stuff she can introduce a bill for them like it should be done. Not crammed in a pandemic aid bill. 

Posted - March 23, 2020

Responses

I will take your word for it.  I had not noticed.
      March 24, 2020 7:46 PM MDT

Commenting negatively on her political policies is one thing, but commenting negatively on her physical appearance is beneath contempt.  People can't help how they look.  Why don't you post a picture of yourself and let us decide what you look like.
      March 25, 2020 2:31 PM MDT

• It wouldn't matter if she looked like a a fold out in a Playboy photo spread. She's a pin head and a pea brained adversary of constitutional representative government. Her political opportunism to shove her extremist views down the throat of the public at large is insufferable. At least Rep Clyburn of S.C. was honest in his admission that this was the chance that Dems needed to ramrod a radical overhaul of government that couldn't be accomplished any other way. God knows we need a line item veto.
      March 25, 2020 2:53 PM MDT

Comments about her politics are one thing.  Discussing her looks is quite another.  
      March 25, 2020 10:06 PM MDT

• I have before, you missed it.  I think I'm pretty damn good looking myself. 
      March 25, 2020 4:49 PM MDT

Well, your opinion might be biased.
      March 25, 2020 10:06 PM MDT

• It takes more than looks to make the man. 
      March 26, 2020 8:53 AM MDT

That would be correct and it takes more than looks to make a gentleman.  
      March 26, 2020 10:14 AM MDT

• I'll have to just stick with the looks. :P
      March 26, 2020 10:19 AM MDT

First, it does nothing to help the Democrats. You would think they would have learned that by now but obviously it hasn't. Second, the coronavirus economic stimulus plan should be just that, nothing more. Now is not the time to add totally unnecessary and irrelevant pork-barrel items to a bill that was written to help those in need due to Covid-19. Not to mention the fact that according to several White House officials, Pelosi also attempted to include federal funding for abortion in the coronavirus economic stimulus plan. What is this woman thinking? This post was edited by rusureamisure? at March 25, 2020 4:50 PM MDT
      March 24, 2020 9:36 PM MDT

And we believe everything unnamed White House officials say.
      March 25, 2020 10:07 PM MDT

You need more sense.
      March 24, 2020 9:38 PM MDT