Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Maurice214
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » BOJO! Boris Johnson is called that I hear. He is also referred to as "the trump of the U.K." Now is that a COMPLIMENT or a BIG DIG?

BOJO! Boris Johnson is called that I hear. He is also referred to as "the trump of the U.K." Now is that a COMPLIMENT or a BIG DIG?

Posted - March 24, 2020

Responses

Im'm sure people have called him that, but to be honest, I don't think they have a lot in common except their tawdry personal lives.

Johnson is a much less polarising figure than Trump - less hated, but less loved at the same time - I don't think his supporters see him as any kind of Messiah, just the best of a range of poor options. His appeal is broad not deep. He won the 2019 election on a set of bland, crowd-pleasing policies, not by promising to "shake things up" or "drain the swamp", let alone " make Britain great again".

March 24, 2020 12:49 PM MDT

Oh - Rosie - a complete change of subject but are you washing food cans and bottle caps before putting them away when you get home from shopping? I think I said in my last message that I'd given that advice to my parents, because viruses can live on metal surfaces for 24 hours or more. Chance of catching it that way must be very low, but a supermarket isnt a sterile environment so I think it's worthwhile as an extra precaution.
      March 24, 2020 12:57 PM MDT

OMG I hadn't even thought of THAT Rev! Jim and I wear those blue throwaway gloves when we go shopping but then discard them when we get home. I had not thought of that and so I thank you very bigly for telling me that. Jim just read what you wrote and he thanks you too. What do you think of this idea Rev? When we get home we spray the cans with Lysol and then wipe them clean with a cloth which will go into the laundry? Also if we spray the air with lysol and walk through it before we leave the house to go to the grocery store might that be of any help? What do you think? Appreciate your concern m'dear. SIGH. I wonder how long we will be in this environment?
      March 25, 2020 3:38 AM MDT

Yes, I should think a disinfectant spray and cloth would do the job just as well, and be a lot easier. Thanks for the suggestion. As for your suggestion of spraying the air and walking through a "lysol cloud" before leaving - not so sure, could be very bad for you if you breathed in the fumes. But it's good to regularly disinfect hand-contact surfaces such as door handles, for general hygiene as well as in these times - I have been very lax about it up until now but am trying to do it more often.
      March 25, 2020 4:21 AM MDT

We would wear a mask and not inhale but of course we would be breathing whatever tiny mist droplets stayed on our clothing. Will rethink that. Slowly by slowly worldwide we're figuring things out and sharing them. Having the internet at our fingertips and also having pals who share helpful ideas is something we didn't have long ago and so for that alone I think we are blessed it's occuring today if it had to occur at all. It seems this transfer of deadly virus from the feces of chickens in China happens regularly though not often. Is there any way to stop it at the source...chicken poop? The question is serious though mildly facetious. Wasn't SARS caused by the same thing? Now MERS was supposedly from the middle east..Saudi Arabia? It's not easy keeping up with it. Thank you for your reply Rev! :) You're a pal! :):):):). This post was edited by RosieG at March 25, 2020 4:30 AM MDT
      March 25, 2020 4:29 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful helpful and informative reply Rev. I appreciate it. How are you and your family doing? I think the UK is locked down too isn't it? Anyway take care and Happy Wednesday. STAY SAFE! :)
      March 25, 2020 3:30 AM MDT

Happy Wednesday to you!

I'm fine thank you. Our lockdown seems like a reasonable compromise as it still allows people to go out for exercise and fresh air (singly, with one companion or with close family members). I just hope it hasn't come too late to prevent Covid-19 causing a meltdown in the National Health Service in a month's time as cases inevitably rise :( 

It hasn't really affected me that much, as even last week I was already avoiding public transport, cafes and unnecessary shopping, and had started working from home. Even if I get sick and have to self-isolate there are people in my street I can ask for help. I'm more concerned about how it's going to affect unemployed people who live on their own, who will be stuck with nothing to do most of the day, and especially those with depression or other mental health problems. Like my friend Mark in Stockport. But my brother and I will keep in touch with him regularly to make sure he's okay. 

Anyway, take care and keep well! This post was edited by Reverend Muhammadovsky at March 26, 2020 2:42 AM MDT
      March 25, 2020 4:39 AM MDT

The peak will come at different times from country to country. I'm very happy to learn that you are doing well so far under the circumstances Rev. Being able to work from home is really awesome good luck. I live a rather isolated life by choice. I"m a homebody and my favorite place my entire life has been at home. Jim is the goer outer and socializer. He was playing tennis and golf and also doing "guy" things like going to Harbor Freight or Lowe's or Home Depot or Costco just to see what they had..not because he really needed anything. Well of course that is out completely. Our state of California is locked down. We go to the market or a bank or a pharmacy to pick up meds. That going out is allowed. But otherwise we are ORDERED to stay at home. For me it's what I usually prefer to do but for Jim it's hard. As long as we have gas and electricity and use common sense we'll get through this. Being wanton and promiscuously going out and about in crowds is so stupid and pockets of people here and there are still doing it. You cannot educate stupid when it won't pay attention. If they want to kill themselves I don't really care but when they go out they jeopardize others and that is unconscionable. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Thursday Rev! STAY SAFE! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 26, 2020 7:19 AM MDT
      March 26, 2020 3:07 AM MDT

No, he's nothing like Trump though his speaking manner might make him seem so.

Whatever you think of his policies he and his fellow ministers do at least ask scientists for their advice! 
      March 24, 2020 4:56 PM MDT

That is for the optics Durdle. Also the HOAX misses his hate rallies and is going stir crazy so to get any attention at all he has the "updates" which are embarrassing to him and DANGEROUS for us because his adoring worshippers trust him and will believe anything he says. He wants churches filled by Easter Sunday. He wants the economy to start rolling by Easter. He says more people will commit suicide if they can't go to work than will die from the COVID 19 virus. He says we cannot let the cure be worse than the disease. What do you do with that kind of braindead power? PRAY. Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 25, 2020 3:42 AM MDT