Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Its crazy how science proves things, but at the same time how you cant deny the bible ?

Its crazy how science proves things, but at the same time how you cant deny the bible ?

Like after death, if there's a life like jesus said, i hope to not go to hell. 

If we live for eternity after death, i hope its going to be a nicer life than on earth. 

hard to grasp that theres something better than on earth for some ? Because it feels like on earth its just temporary

Posted - March 27, 2020

Responses

I can deny the bible...it doesn't prove anything. Prove your statements.
      March 27, 2020 5:05 PM MDT

Yes ,it did prove that the pen I'd mighter than the sword......people die that are put to the sword....the bible gets people to kill themselves.....:(
      March 27, 2020 5:58 PM MDT

• I believe in God and science.  I do not believe any of us will be thrown into a burning lake of fire.  I do believe in passing from death into life.  I cannot prove my belief any more than I can scientific theories. 
      March 27, 2020 5:14 PM MDT

I can deny what I want when I want and heathen more so it it makes no cents at all....being blonde doesn't make me stupid....I just act it when Ive a mind to when I'm bored....:)
      March 27, 2020 5:53 PM MDT

The truth is what the facts are. The Bible is profoundly absent facts, evidence or historical corroboration, and - in fact - contradicts itself in over 400 places. Not qualities consistent with facts, truth, or an omniscient God. 

So, it is less about denying the Bible than acknowledging that what is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. 

Our existence IS short. Cherish this brief life, it is likely all there is.
    Best to live it as such.    

March 27, 2020 7:47 PM MDT

Well said.
      March 27, 2020 7:50 PM MDT

Hope not to go to hell?  If one is clothed in Christ (obedience) they don't hope they won't go to hell, they can KNOW they won't.  It's a promise.  "There is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus".

Of course it's nicer than earth.  It's living in the presence of God.  What could be "nicer" than that?  As it was in the beginning so shall it be throughout eternity - we will walk and talk with God, and sin will nevermore come between us.

Life here is temporary.  We can see that quite plainly.  We're born, live a few years (if we're fortunate), and then we die.  Our lives here pass by quicker than a weaver's shuttle.  Yet for those who truly trust and obey Christ, they already have eternal life.  Their body of pain and suffering will die, but they will keep on living. (from life to life)
      March 27, 2020 11:57 PM MDT

For sure life on Earth is temporary.
    So live a good life, do good to others,
    and be aware of a greater presence 
    within you.
         Do good in this life, so Karma will be kind to you.
    The body will die but your Soul will not. 
    Your next body and continued life depends on 
    your Karma in this life and previous lives.
         After so many lifetimes, hopefully Karma
    will balance and you won't have to be reborn anymore,
    and you will become one with the ocean of Consciousness.
         It's an enlightening journey...enjoy. Use the
    opportunity of this life to become aware
    of the greater truth within you, this awareness
    will open many doors for your blessings to appear.

March 28, 2020 7:49 AM MDT

You are correct. Science backs the Bible when they overlap and when the both Bible and the science is understood. 

Many things are in the Bible cannot and will not be proven or disproven by Science. Like most of the things mentioned in your question. 
      March 28, 2020 7:59 AM MDT

Just wrong. Laughably, embarrassingly so. 

The Bible has not been affirmed in any place by any science (shall we start with the utterly indefensible nonsense in Genesis?) and the two do not overlap. Renowned Harvard paleontologist and biologist Stephen Jay Gould famously coined the term, “non-overlapping magisteria“ to describe the relationship of scripture to science. Fair to say he knew more about both than the laity. 

The fact is, science has disproven or refuted EVERY TESTABLE CLAIM in the Judeo-Christian scriptures. There is not one claim in the Bible verified via scientific method. None. Zero. End of line. Nor does the Bible prove in any measure any its own magical claims. 

Leave it to a Creationist to mislead others about science. If it wasn’t the traditional, avowed mission of the scripturally-infected theist cults to discredit and distort what they perceive about science for their own ends, more people would better understand it, and refrain from deluding others about it. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 29, 2020 8:02 AM MDT
      March 28, 2020 8:31 AM MDT

Very easily. Can you prove that there is life after death? You can't, because nobody has come back to verify it.
      March 28, 2020 8:06 AM MDT

Actually, there are many stories of people dying and coming back from death with memories.   We cannot prove if these are memories or dreams scientifically.
      March 28, 2020 8:13 AM MDT

Exactly. Nor can it be proven that they actually were dead.
      March 28, 2020 8:24 AM MDT

Some were medically dead....no heartbeat, no brain function. 
    But correct cannot be scientifcally proven. 
      March 28, 2020 8:27 AM MDT