Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » How do I edit questions I post on here? I can't remember where the edit feature is.
Bez

How do I edit questions I post on here? I can't remember where the edit feature is.

I want to embed music videos but I've forgotten how to do that on here. I need to keep editing and re-editing my posts until I get it right.

Posted - March 28, 2020

Responses

Unfortunately, the feature is (extremely) poorly labeled as “Rename”. Ever since 2016, I petitioned the administration to change it for the very reasons you’ve stated: no one knows what it’s for nor how to use it, and many don’t even know it can be done. If it were called “Edit”, someone might mistakenly believe its function is for editing. My pleas always fell on deaf, apathetic ears. (Sigh.)

March 28, 2020 1:52 PM MDT

Why don't I have a problem with it?
      March 28, 2020 3:05 PM MDT

You’re in love with the administrator; she can do no wrong in your eyes. That’s why. 

~
      March 28, 2020 3:25 PM MDT

Caveat: this is not to say that there’s anything wrong with you being in love with her, nor does it mean that I dislike her, hate her or do not respect her. I like her very, VERY much, it just doesn’t rise to the level of agape the way it does with you.
      Bedsides, the administrator didn’t leave you outside of a jewelry store in Athens with a bag of stolen gems and no getaway car in sight just as the gendarmes were closing in. It’s in my favor that the Greek lady prosecutor had a thing for me, or I might be appearing on an episode of “Locked Up Abroad”. 

~
      March 28, 2020 3:39 PM MDT

Guilty. And unashamed.
      March 29, 2020 9:14 AM MDT

It's now called "Edit." You're personally responsible for any unintended consequences. 
      March 28, 2020 9:10 PM MDT

If you are using a phone, I can't help. If you are using a computer, just above your question you will see 'rename' 'edit description' and 'delete'. Posting videos is a different question...it depends on the source and I only post from youtube.
      March 28, 2020 3:09 PM MDT

I alternately use either a phone or a laptop or a desktop and the Rename button appears on all of them. 

~
      March 28, 2020 3:29 PM MDT