Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you have a relative who is directly affected by the virus?

Do you have a relative who is directly affected by the virus?

My daughter is a nurse and the hospital she works at has 25 (or more) cases with 8 on ventilators. She has one mask, which she disinfects and reuses. She is constantly exposed and has to be sterilized before she can go home to her four children. She also has a heart malady.

Posted - March 28, 2020

Responses

Not that I'm aware of.  I pray for all my friends, family and answermug members that we all stay safe and healthy. 
      March 28, 2020 2:43 PM MDT

My aunt (dad's sister) is a nurse and my cousin (mom's brother's daughter) is also a nurse.  My town has one case and the neighboring city where my aunt works has two cases so I don't know if she's been exposed to it or not but my cousin works at a hospital in the Denver area so she's dealing directly with Coronavirus patients but so far she hasn't gotten sick with it.

This post was edited by Livvie at March 29, 2020 6:59 PM MDT
      March 28, 2020 9:47 PM MDT

No medically.  I do have a SIL who works in medical but truthfully I see her once a year so I don't know if or how it effects her. 

Financially. I know some who lost their job. One who is certain is going to be laid off soon. 
    Businesses that are forced to closed. 
      March 29, 2020 6:46 AM MDT

My cousin is a nurse, and is similarly affected. I have several friends who also work in other areas of healthcare in hospitals and other facilities. Many of my co-workers are 'in the trenches', still providing direct care and support.  I'm very fortunate that my work can be done remotely and I'm extremely grateful. 

Sending good thoughts for your daughter and all of your family! 
      March 29, 2020 10:30 AM MDT

Thank you.
      March 29, 2020 12:21 PM MDT

Not yet. Stay tuned!
      March 29, 2020 12:27 PM MDT

My eldest niece and her husband are OB-GYNs.  They work at a small hospital.  A tornado swept through Jonesboro yesterday.  Fortunately, it was a mile from their home, but there is a lot of devastation in their community which means people will not be able to "stay home."

March 29, 2020 3:42 PM MDT

My cousins partner is a nurse he was recently been in contact with 3 Covid 19 positive patients, and then came down sick with thumping headache, high temperature, and cough, body aches and has passed that onto my cousin,  she said she feels really awful, feels cold but temperature is 38.7, she has two young children. He said they are not providing protective clothing to all NHS staff, neither are they testing the staff so this makes transmitting the virus to each other and non positive patients a high risk. This post was edited by kjames at March 31, 2020 5:35 PM MDT
      March 30, 2020 1:29 PM MDT

Just to up-date, they tested positive for Covid-19, the two children went on to get it as well, they are now in self isolation for a further seven days.
      April 7, 2020 5:24 PM MDT

No, thank God. My ex wife wants to constantly travel back and forth to another state to see her boyfriend and expose my children to this freaking virus. It probably won't be long until someone I know is affected by this, it's at that point I will take action.
      March 31, 2020 4:00 PM MDT

Kind of my brother from another mother went into self isolation yesterday because  he was in contact with someone who has the virus so I"m pretty worried for him. Cheers!
      March 31, 2020 5:47 PM MDT

None I know of at the moment....:( 
      March 31, 2020 6:07 PM MDT