Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Florida Guv did not stop SPRING BREAK. Thousands of kids might have the virus and DIE because of it. Is his political future secure?

Florida Guv did not stop SPRING BREAK. Thousands of kids might have the virus and DIE because of it. Is his political future secure?

Posted - March 29, 2020

Responses

• Well he didn't lock himself in his house, handcuff himself to the refrigerator or hold his breath indefinitely either, so I seriously doubt that his political fortunes are in jeopardy. If Pelosi, Schumer and Biden, with their combined total of 130 years of insanity in government can duck, dodge and hide from any responsibilities, the governor should be a shoe- in for re-election. Oh, by the way, the kids who were interviewed at the beach, they seemed to understand the risk. They were going to defy authorities despite any "warning". Let the chips fall where they may. Why is this a matter of concern when we'll continue to abort babies, put a remodeling job on the Kennedy Center, put cash in the coffers of the National Endowment for the Arts and the liberal Public Broadcasting System? All of which are sweeping and breathtaking measures to curb an epidemic. Geez, gimme a break puhleeeeze! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 29, 2020 5:05 PM MDT
      March 29, 2020 12:04 PM MDT

Why is it that there's always a comparison made to some other thing that's happening when asked about something?  This virus is killing people and overwhelming our health care system because of how easily it's transmitted from person to person, sometimes unknowingly.  What does that have to do with abortion (which is the choice of an individual that doesn't affect the entire population of a country), the Kennedy Center, the national Endowment for the Arts or PBS?  
      March 29, 2020 3:59 PM MDT

"abortion (which is the choice of an individual that doesn't affect the entire population of a country), the Kennedy Center, the national Endowment for the Arts or PBS"....these were mentioned because these are thiings Pelosi thought needed money from the government in the Corvid19 aid bills.  So ask Pelosi what they have to do with it.
      March 29, 2020 5:08 PM MDT

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.  Irrespective of whether Florida's governor didn't stop spring break, those parents and college kids should have been smart enough to exercise their own common sense and stayed away.  They weren't being forced to go.  Now, at least 17 of them have tested positive for the virus, which they have likely brought home to their families and others with whom they came in contact, so who knows how many people they have infected?  When I think that these same kids will be running this country some day, I shudder and realize how happy I am to be 74.
      March 29, 2020 4:04 PM MDT

I read that too. Leaders are supposed to lead L. When they don't people will do what they want to do with few exceptions. I expect his adoring worshippers are solidly behind him. Some of them will die of course but so what? Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 31, 2020 5:21 AM MDT

Just goes to show how little common sense there is these days.
      March 31, 2020 10:07 AM MDT

Did he leave it up to the cities/counties ... as the Texas Governor did?

Even if the state doesn't put restrictions in place, counties and cities can (and have).

For example: The local cities wouldn't shut down hotels, restaurants, or campgrounds.  So the local county government ordered a county-wide shutdown, to prevent thousands of tourists from coming to the area.  Two businesses tried to refuse, and the County Health Department shut them down forcibly.  (using police to board up the businesses and place "No Trespassing" notices)
      March 30, 2020 2:33 PM MDT

New Orleans is a hotspot because of Mardi Gras. It went off as usual and the results are devastating. Some of these folks don't take it seriously Walt. EVEN NOW. Sigh. I read that 17 friends who sping breaked in florida all came down with COVID 19. Young people have died though in fewer numbers. If the adults don't take it seriously and insist on remaining stupid dumb we can't expect the young kids who think they know everything to take it seriously. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to ya. Howya doin'? We go to Walmart today. For the first time I'm gonna wear a mask. I've been wearing gloves. I figger the longer into this situation the more omnipresent danger will be. For once in my life I wish Jim and I were DECADES YOUNGER. STAY SAFE! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 31, 2020 10:08 AM MDT
      March 31, 2020 2:42 AM MDT

I heard this morning a Florida "super church" was shut down by police, when the pastor refused to cancel services.
    I think besides the 2nd degree misdemeanor charges, he should face an audit.
      March 31, 2020 6:54 AM MDT