Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Did you know you can get COVID 19, survive it and then get reinfected again? I don't know how many times. That's scary isn't it?

Did you know you can get COVID 19, survive it and then get reinfected again? I don't know how many times. That's scary isn't it?

Posted - March 30, 2020

Responses

Dr Fauci does not believe that:
    • Fauci responded that, while experts can't be 100% sure, he feels "really confident" that recovered coronavirus patients will have immunity.
    • He added that he'd be "willing to bet anything that people who recover are really protected against re-infection."
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-fauci-those-who-recover-will-be-immune-2020-3

March 30, 2020 6:14 AM MDT

Have you been listening to trump and fox news again?

This is false.

Unless there are underlying circumstances (never fully recovered, immune system not working correctly, etc.) once a person has the virus their body is "immune" to it (much like getting a flu shot).  They can, however, get another strain of the virus (mutation). 
    What's scary is that although these people may be "immune", they can still be carriers!  One does not have to be sick in order to carry a virus (clothing, skin, etc.)
      March 30, 2020 9:48 AM MDT

No....the "reinfection story" is sounds like an MSDNC report. This post was edited by my2cents at March 30, 2020 11:25 AM MDT
      March 30, 2020 10:43 AM MDT

It is? So that 10% REINFECTION rate is lie? My oh my. So everyone who gets COVID 19 ONCE is immune from ever getting it again? Oh my. Thank you for your reply Shuhak.
      March 31, 2020 2:59 AM MDT

Except in special cases (eg. person not fully recovered, immune system not functioning properly, etc. ), one builds an "immunity" or should I say "resistance" to it (meaning their body is better able to resist it - just like in a flu shot).  Now, how long that "immunity" lasts has not been determined yet. This post was edited by Shuhak at March 31, 2020 9:47 AM MDT
      March 31, 2020 9:46 AM MDT