Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are blockheads natured or nurtured? Florida Republican blockhead gubner Ron de Satan FINALLY LOCKED DOWN the entire state. Too late?

Are blockheads natured or nurtured? Florida Republican blockhead gubner Ron de Satan FINALLY LOCKED DOWN the entire state. Too late?

Posted - April 2, 2020

Responses

He would have been better off blocking all travel into his state long ago. 
      April 2, 2020 5:22 AM MDT

Easter week at open beaches with THOUSANDS of young folks spread the virus bigly fastly stupidly m2c. Did you see the photos of massive piles of bodies lying close to one another plus they partied hearty had sex got drunk as skunks! Closing the borders would not have prevented anything. THere are no borders on STUPID. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 8, 2020 9:00 AM MDT

Sounds like it was not locked down....

If I was governor, I would not allow anyone in. 

I do know this stupid or not.   When it gets hot this summer....I will be in the water somewhere. 
      April 8, 2020 2:40 PM MDT

Hmm I will sit on the fence on this one.. I just don't know! I veered from thinking we should all just get on with it, to thinking, we should all be in lockdown, to thinking, well, I just don't know but I know the latest thinking here is that maybe the *cure* is worse than the disease... I think the jury is still out..  whether it's better to let people gain the infection and thus build herd immunity AND protect the economy.. or.. lockdown.. which is disastrous for economy and poses real dangers for mental health and I worry about those in difficult families, child abuse, domestic abuse etc..  

One of the main ideas of lockdown is that it will *delay* or slow down the number of infections, thus enabling the health services to cope, rather than being overwhelmed. It's also true that by isolating there will, be those who don't catch it and thus don't lose their life. These seem reasonable reasons for lock down to me...

It IS alarming the numbers of deaths.. these are real people... 

April 5, 2020 1:33 PM MDT

Really? Seriously? Shocking. What good is a vibrant economy when people die by the thousands or millions? You entertained that the cure might be worse than the disease? OMG. Thank you for your reply Addb. Sigh.
      April 8, 2020 9:02 AM MDT

Now I didn't say I thought that! Just reporting what people are saying.. I think my last comment.. that those who die... are real people.. that's what matters to me. 
    Just being logical though.. in terms of numbers, many thousands lose their life to ordinary flu each year... and in terms of numbers this is only a very small percentage of the total population.. I think we are up to 4-5000 dead now... and as I say what affects me is that these are real people, people who may not have died if they hadn't caught corona virus... but in terms of numbers it's a small percentage of the population. 

I am thinking our Boris will continue to take the matter seriously, as he's had a taste of what this virus can do, even to relatively young, relatively fit people.
      April 8, 2020 1:37 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Addb.
      April 9, 2020 4:26 AM MDT