Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Politics » Bernie Sanders dropped out of the race. Too late? Does he matter anymore?

Bernie Sanders dropped out of the race. Too late? Does he matter anymore?

Posted - April 8, 2020

Responses

How. Does. It. Relate. To. The. Current. State. Of. Affairs?

I’m not saying it has zero relevance at all, I’m not saying that it has to matter to others in order to be relevant, I’m merely asking, and apparently I need to reiterate several times, how is it relevant to this particular conversation?
    ~
      April 9, 2020 11:59 AM MDT

You are entitled to your opinion, but sorry, nobody owes you any further explanation.
      April 9, 2020 12:12 PM MDT

I'm sincerely considering "throwing away my vote" on Howie Hughes or Howie Mandel or whatever the f-ing Green party candidate's name is, or not even bothering to vote at all. 

In my opinion, Biden could have prevented this country from becoming Trumpland, had he stepped up 4 years ago. Also, he seems to be only slightly less cognitively impaired than Trump is. I'll not even mention the "CREEP" factor. 

Here's a nice little compilation of video proof, for anyone who says that Bernie supporters and/or Trumpites are merely perpetuating rumors that Biden has classic signs of dementia. 

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/03/06/stop-calling-it-a-stutter-dozens-of-examples-show-bidens-dementia-symptoms/

April 8, 2020 4:39 PM MDT

But Hillary and her minions wouldn't let that happen. Trump's election was her fault more than anyone else's IMO.
      April 8, 2020 8:38 PM MDT

Seems like it was a perfect sh|t storm. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but given the friendship that the Clintons (Bill, in particular) had with Trump a few short years ago, I think it's not out of the realm of possibility that they were in cahoots. 

Whatever happens, I'll continue to live my life, doing the small things I can to try to make this world a better place. I was saddened and disappointed by the Bernie news today, but I don't harbor angry feelings about it. I still believe he's a genuinely good person and wish the very best for him. 
      April 8, 2020 9:16 PM MDT

Why would you be proud of "throwing away your vote?" 

If you were forced to be in a dual with Trump, would you shoot into the ground?

Biden had just lost one of his children and yet you hold him personally responsible for not running and saving America from a minority incapable of informed judgment?

Biden will pick a strong running mate.  

Elect him to give America and the world time to at least partially recover from the damage inflicted on America by the Trump and a have a solid replacement in place should it prove necessary.
      April 9, 2020 4:57 PM MDT

1) Proud??

2) I wouldn't duel with Trump or anyone else. I don't touch guns. I would shoot rubber bands at both Trump and Biden. Does that count?

3) That isn't exactly what I said, but I do think he would have beaten Trump. 

4) We shall see who he's instructed to choose. 

5) I'm undecided at this point, but as I said, my state's electoral votes will certainly go to Trump anyway. 
      April 9, 2020 7:42 PM MDT

I'm not sure if he still matters anymore or not because I think he missed his chance last time.  I don't know if he still would've beaten Donald Trump but I'm pretty sure some of the midwestern states like Wisconsin or Michigan would've voted for Sanders instead.

I was planning to vote in the Democratic primary this year but now all of the candidates who I would've voted for are done so I think I'll just change my party to vote in the Republican primary.  

I just checked my state's secretary of state's website and it looks like Joe Biden's the only choice for president on the Democratic ballot and Donald Trump's the only choice for president on the Republican ballot.  However, there are some incumbent Republican state assemblymen on the primary ballot who don't meet my approval so this year it makes more sense to change my party to vote in the Republican primary instead.

I think Donald Trump is Humpty Dumpty right now, he's going to have a great fall, but Joe Biden really doesn't seem to know if he's coming or going.

This post was edited by Livvie at April 9, 2020 11:00 AM MDT
      April 8, 2020 6:23 PM MDT

I was with you until the first part of that last sentence. :)
      April 9, 2020 11:01 AM MDT

I'm not with you for not being with me on the last sentence because if the $6200000000000 stimulus becomes a bailout or a wealth transfer to bankers or hyper-inflation happens then Donald Trump's going to be the one getting all the blame for it so he's going to be the Humpty Dumpty sitting on a wall, not Congress, the President gets both credit and blame for everything.  If it turns out this way before the election you can just stick a fork in Donald Trump because he'll be done, in which case we'll have Joe Biden who might not even know he's the President.  

If it doesn't happen that way before Election Day then Donald Trump still can win re-election so if it happens that way and there's a banker bailout or hyper-inflation there won't be any consequences for Donald Trump anyway, because he's safe until the end of his term even though he'd become a very unpopular president with most of the country instead of just half of the country like now.  However, we could get lucky and it won't happen that way so there won't be transfers of wealth to wealthy bankers or hyper-inflation.

This post was edited by Livvie at April 12, 2020 11:03 AM MDT
      April 9, 2020 1:00 PM MDT

Fair enough.  But at the same time when a business regardless of size is suddenly told by the government they are not allowed to be open for business.  I do believe that government should pay the bills. 

Banks are not in that position.

I am happy it is Biden...he is by far the worst they could have picked.  Creepy Senile Uncle Joe.   I do not know a Trump supporter who has left Trump.   But I know I do live in Trump country.  Some of my other family lives in Southern IL also Trump country.
      April 9, 2020 4:00 PM MDT

And where does the government get its money?  Oh, never mind---I just remembered that the government gets its money by taxation.
      April 9, 2020 4:46 PM MDT

Actually it prints it. If you think the gov has any intention of paying any of its debt....you are wrong. No President in modern times has paid anything down on the debt. They print more. It would be a problem but for the fact that the rest of the world also is doing the same thing.  
    If we were still on the gold standard it would matter. But we are not.  

So yes gov taxes people. But they print more and more. 
      April 9, 2020 5:51 PM MDT

Yeah, let's throw a bunch of money into the money supply---what problems could that possibly cause, right?
      April 9, 2020 4:47 PM MDT

My understanding is that he ended his campaign but is still in the race and will appear on the ballots. 
      April 9, 2020 5:45 PM MDT

That's what I read, too.  Makes no sense.  
      April 9, 2020 7:37 PM MDT

He hangs onto his delegates.  I'm not sure who else could get them now...have all of the dem candidates dropped out except for Biden and Sanders?  
      April 10, 2020 7:05 PM MDT

As far as I know, the last holdout was Tulsi Gabbard and she also dropped out, so there's no reason for Sanders to hold onto his delegates.  As of now, without Sanders' delegates, Biden doesn't have the required number to be the official candidate.  I can't imagine anyone throwing their hat in the ring at this late date, so I'm not sure why Bernie refuses to give them up.
      April 11, 2020 6:06 AM MDT

Personally, I can't wait to see what old whatzisname will do to put, er, God it was on the tip of my whatsit just a monument ago. Ah, George Washington, that's who - what was the question again? Sure I've heard of Mount Russiamore, what, you think I've gone senile or something? Don't annoy me boy!   This post was edited by Nyse Elias at April 12, 2020 10:54 AM MDT
      April 12, 2020 10:51 AM MDT