Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Day after day a report says "it did not rain today". How long before you lose interest? Why not just report when it does?

Day after day a report says "it did not rain today". How long before you lose interest? Why not just report when it does?

Dog bites man day after day after day after day after. Some seem excited to hear the same words every day as if they communicate something new.

How long does it take you to be bored by sameoldsameold before you tune out turn off unplug?

Posted - April 10, 2020

Responses

Why do they even have to say it at all? We already know. I have basically stopped watching most of the news as it has become depressing and boring. Why do I care what the weather is going to be if I am not going anywhere?
      April 10, 2020 4:34 PM MDT

I'm there too E. Every day is Groundhog Day. Nothing changes. Nothing new. Sameoldsameoldsameold. I was annoyed that "news" stations cover the daily lie briefing as if it were filled with solid news. It never is so I've stopped watching. What's the point? What was said yesterday will be said today and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. Sigh. Thank you for your reply. Weather wise I check it every morning and give Jim a pad on which I keep track of the 8-day forecast. He used to care when he played tennis and golf. Old habits die hard. We go nowhere but I still do it every morning. You have to hold onto some part of normalcy and for me an 8-day rolling weather forecast is part of my routine. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 11, 2020 2:51 AM MDT

Why bother with long term forecast? They as usually wrong here. You look forward to that sunny 70F weather next week, but it rarely shows up.
      April 11, 2020 10:13 AM MDT

Because it gives me a track record of weather E. Why do I want that? It's simply more information and I also see how close the weather came to what the forecast was. What do I need that information for? Because I find it interesting to know how close they come to reality 8 days prior. So did I answer YOUR qeestion. Thank you for your reply.
      April 11, 2020 10:18 AM MDT

I guess it's something to do. Maybe I'll try it out of utter boredom.
      April 11, 2020 10:20 AM MDT

Happy Landings! :)
      April 11, 2020 11:36 AM MDT

We have had a little rain today where I live, Rosie. Not a lot, just a little shower. The gardens need it, it's been dry and sunny all week.
      April 10, 2020 4:43 PM MDT

Hi there Cc. We've had five solid days of rain. It's been quite amazing and rare and unusual. Haven't seen the sun for almost a week. Our 8-day forecast shows a couple of days next week of very light rain. Not that it matters. We don't go anywhere! Hope you and yours are doing well. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee Cc! :)
      April 11, 2020 2:53 AM MDT

It's gone back to warm and sunny where I live, Rosie. Happy Easter Saturday to you too. :)
      April 11, 2020 10:09 AM MDT

Nice isn't it Cc? Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 11, 2020 10:16 AM MDT

You're welcome, Rosie. Why don't you have a rose for your avatar to go with your name? :)
      April 11, 2020 10:41 AM MDT

When I was on Answerbag my avatar was a mother unicorn with her child lying on the ground near her feet. Were I to avatar again I'd be the unicorn mom. My real name is Rosemarie and my surname begins with a G so I'm not incognito here. Rosie G I be wherever I be. A rose would be icing on a cake I'd just scrape off. Thank you for your reply Cc! :)
      April 11, 2020 11:34 AM MDT

I like the sound of the unicorn avatar. Do you still have the pic? I'd like to see it. :)
      April 11, 2020 11:49 AM MDT

I don't have it sad to say. My son who was a principal on the former internet social site Answerbag helped me find it and then put it there for me. It was quite lovely. Now I am 82 and I have loved unicorns since I was 16. I have a vast collection of them in all forms. They please me. Thank you for your reply Cc and Happy Sunday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 17, 2020 2:56 PM MDT
      April 12, 2020 5:14 AM MDT

Here's a mother and baby unicorn pic for you, Rosie. I'm sure you'll love this.

Happy Friday, Rosie!:)
      April 17, 2020 2:58 PM MDT

Did anyone ever tell you how thoughtful you are CC? ((hugs)) That is quite most gorgeous and I thank you for it. My avatar had mom standing with her baby curled up by her feet. I think it's still somewhere on the Answerbag of today. I get emails of those who answer those ancient questions but try as I might I am unable to access it. Happy Saturday to thee Cc and thank you for being so very thoughtful.:):):)
      April 18, 2020 1:26 AM MDT

I'm on the new Answerbag but I wasn't on the old one. I have several friends who were on the old Answerbag but it closed before I got around to joining it. If I find another mother-and-baby unicorn pic I'll share it on here. Happy Saturday to you too, Rosie! :)
      April 18, 2020 10:57 AM MDT

Very kind of you to doCC. Thank you and Happy Sunday to you m'dear! :)  I was RosieG there too.
      April 19, 2020 2:05 AM MDT

Is that on the news? I must have missed it.
      April 11, 2020 11:52 AM MDT

No ssb. It is a figment of my imagination and illustrative of the daily white house briefings by the white house entertainer. Nothing new. Nothing different. Nothing changes. Nothing happens. But he devotes two hours or more each day doing it because he says the ratings are great.. You really still don't nave a clu after all these years what I am about do you? Not a clue. Thank you for your reply.
      April 12, 2020 5:16 AM MDT

No. I do have a clue, which is why I watch him as little as possible and will continue to do so as long as he's president. It is possible to dislike him without ranting about it 24/7!
      April 12, 2020 6:14 AM MDT

Please read my question again. Then look at what you write above. How do they relate? What pretzelized connection did you twist yourself in a knot to make? What you allege to be the question is not. You bring much baggage with you sb. Don't blame it on me.
      April 12, 2020 6:29 AM MDT

Not sure what you think I am blaming you for, but OK.
      April 12, 2020 7:55 AM MDT

My interests wains .
    When it don't rain.
    I feel great disdain .
    And somewhat pain .
    Which I might say.
    Is hard to fain ....:) 
      April 17, 2020 3:07 PM MDT