Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What's your favorite Eastern family dinner childhood memory?

What's your favorite Eastern family dinner childhood memory?

I was ten. My aunt and uncle brought me a HUGE chocolate fudge nut candy easter egg from See's candy and I was in heaven. Had a big sweet tooth then. IT WAS DELICIOUS. All fudgy and walnutty. I remember it still foodie  that I always will be.

Posted - April 10, 2020

Responses

Hmm. Brunswick is on the East coast, So a good Eastern dinner would be lobstah, steamer clams and corn on the cob.
      April 10, 2020 4:31 PM MDT

My memory is not as a child but as an adult. I was married to a guy born in Massachusetts. We lived there for five years. My former MIL had a vacation home on Birch Island, Maine and she drove my son and I up there for a few days visit. One day she dug clams on her property and put them in a bucket of salted water to draw out all the sand. Then she prepared a clam feast consisting of clam chowder and fried clams! Boy oh boy was that ever delicious! Also she had a permit to have a lobster trap attached to her small pier. Her family had been there for generations so that was why. You can get fined if you tried to poach. The lobster industry is very strict about that. One of the days we were there the trap held a wondrous specimen and we had lobster for dinner! I remember the pressed apple cider in the autumn sold on roadside stands in Massachusetts. Altogether a great food memory. Thank you for your reply E! :)
      April 11, 2020 3:08 AM MDT