Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » As if the virus weren't enough of a tribulation abomination some southern states got hit by a deadly tornado. What next? Earthquakes/fires?

As if the virus weren't enough of a tribulation abomination some southern states got hit by a deadly tornado. What next? Earthquakes/fires?

Volcanoes explode with lava floes that burn everything in their wake?

Mud slides
Floods

What else is headed straight for us while the white house entertainer collects money for his re-election?

Posted - April 14, 2020

Responses

I was going to say locusts, but they're already in Africa.
      April 14, 2020 5:55 AM MDT

Biblical isn't it? Locusts. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Tuesday! :)
      April 14, 2020 6:53 AM MDT

Indeed. :)  Happy Tuesday. :)
      April 14, 2020 10:15 AM MDT

Sh*t happens, and that's nobody's fault - not even Trump's.
      April 14, 2020 6:10 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply sb and Happy Tuesday to thee.

Nero fiddled while he watched Rome burn? Apocryphal or real?

I didn't fault anyone for CAUSING. I do fault what they do DURING. That happens too.
      April 14, 2020 6:54 AM MDT

These tornadoes occurred in the last 48 hours, and disaster emergencies have been declared for the states involved. Does that really equate to "fiddling?" What else would you like to see done? Gotta hand it to you, you do love hyperbole! This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at April 14, 2020 4:07 PM MDT
      April 14, 2020 8:12 AM MDT

I have no idea what you are talking about sb. I did not say that is what was happening. I asked you if you thought that old saw was APOCRYPHAL or true? Not at all what you thought it meant. We have a problem communicating. You read into what I say something that is not there. Why I do not know. It is puzzling to me  since I use ordinary average typical simple words. Nothing arcane or abstruse or intended only for the cognoscenti. It happens all the time. This post was edited by RosieG at April 14, 2020 8:17 AM MDT
      April 14, 2020 8:15 AM MDT

The tone of your post implied to me that you consider Trump's reaction to these events equivalent to Nero fiddling while Rome burned. Is that not what you think? As for old Nero, I have no idea if the famous anecdote was apocryphal.
      April 14, 2020 8:50 AM MDT

From the internet---fiddle while Rome burns. To do something trivial and irresponsible in the midst of an emergency; legend has it that while a fire destroyed the city of Rome, the emperor Nero played his violin, thus revealing his total lack of concern for his people and his empire.

More recently we have Trump selling Covid-19 as a hoax by the Democrats...-Same tune, different instrument, similar result.

At least Nero was an emperor and actually had a kingdom---Trump only has delusions of grandeur.
      April 14, 2020 3:26 PM MDT

Don't know about fiddling but apparently there were rumors (true or false rumors, I don't know) that Nero started the fire. Tacitus and Josephus both wrote the Nero blamed the Christians as the culprits for starting the fire to squash the rumors that he started it. They were a good scapegoat in Rome back then.
      April 14, 2020 4:07 PM MDT

Hi Rosie. Sounds familiar.
    (Matthew 24:3) While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
    (Matthew 24:6-14) You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. 9 “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold. 13 But the one who has endured to the end will be saved. 14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

(Luke 21:7-11) Then they questioned him, saying: “Teacher, when will these things actually be, and what will be the sign when these things are to occur?” 8 He said: “Look out that you are not misled, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time is near.’ Do not go after them. 9 Furthermore, when you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified. For these things must take place first, but the end will not occur immediately.” 10 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.
    (Revelation 6:7, 8) When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say: “Come!” 8 And I saw, and look! a pale horse, and the one seated on it had the name Death. And the Grave was closely following him. And authority was given them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with a long sword and with food shortage and with deadly plague and by the wild beasts of the earth.

(2 Timothy 3:1-4) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,

(2 Peter 3:1-7) Beloved ones, this is now the second letter I am writing you in which, as in my first one, I am stirring up your clear thinking faculties by way of a reminder, 2 that you should remember the sayings previously spoken by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles. 3 First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.” 5 For they deliberately ignore this fact, that long ago there were heavens and an earth standing firmly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water. 7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people.
    (1 Thessalonians 5:3) Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.
      April 14, 2020 2:56 PM MDT

30 dead, is it, from the tornadoes?

There must be many looking across the Atlantic, thinking of you and asking "What next?" on top of all your country's tragedies from the pandemic.  
      April 14, 2020 4:16 PM MDT

I know that you ask endless question after question. Curious, do you read the responses?
      April 16, 2020 12:48 PM MDT