Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Politics is the most corrupt job. All evil flows from it. Why do we need politics? Why not get rid of it and the fatcats it brings to us?

Politics is the most corrupt job. All evil flows from it. Why do we need politics? Why not get rid of it and the fatcats it brings to us?

Posted - April 14, 2020

Responses

Until governments are abolished, politics will exist.  Governments exist to make law and enforce laws.  Without them we would have anarchy.  Each person would simply make up their own "rules" (which would be whatever would give them the advantage at the time).
    When anyone controls (has authority over) another (tells them what they can and can't do), it's called "power".  Power is intoxicating and can easily goes to a person's head.   When one has power, they are also able to control economics (as leader, you pay me...).  Money coupled with power is an irresistible combination.  One may start out with good, noble intent, but the lure of power and money is very alluring, and many fall under its spell.  
      April 14, 2020 10:21 AM MDT

The white house entertainer has abolish law and order Shuhak. It no longer exists. Now what? Thank you for your reply. We used to have law and order. We haven't had it since January 2017 when the white house entertainer and his ilk took over. Will we ever have it again? I don't know. Mebbe. Mebbe not.
      April 15, 2020 3:57 AM MDT

One thing that government provides is law and order. If you abolish politics and government, then we would have lawlessness as in the old wild west. You people free to rob and kill each other in the streets? Yes, you do love hyperbole!
      April 14, 2020 10:26 AM MDT

The white house entertainer and his toady sycophant lemmings ABOLISHED law and order or have you not been paying attention? Perhaps you should check in to see what damage he hath wrought and what tyranny exists and what LACK of law and order (CHAOS) exists. Or keep your head buried in the sand and provide platitudes. Whichever floats your boat. Thank you for your reply sb and happy wednesday to thee.
      April 15, 2020 3:59 AM MDT

You have no idea what our lives would be like if that were actually true. Don't people obey the law where you live? They certainly do where I live. Watch the film "Purge" if you believe we don't have law and order now.
      April 15, 2020 7:29 AM MDT

• I'm really surprised at your question. Whether a discussion centers on political activity or any other human endeavor, man has the unbelievable  talent of corrupting anything his hands touch regardless of the original intent. Politics is merely the art of persuasion and you'll not eliminate that as long as there are people. 
      April 14, 2020 10:30 AM MDT